TWIST

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

nilgaming
Vendor

TWIST

Post by nilgaming »

Plays rock around the clock music when you hit the bonus round !

A must for 60's fans.

Has a police light on top that spins when you get close the bonus round or when you hit it !
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

With Rock Around the Clock playing during the bonus round how could you go wrong? Well, they did with Twist. Twist brings high dollars on Ebay and other vendor sites so when I had a chance to trade one for Destroyer I jumped at the opportunity. I figured I was getting the better side of the deal...boy was I wrong. Twist features mediocre game play with a mediocre bonus feature. The red beacon is a cool effect the first few times it spins but after that it just doesn't add anything to the game play. I much prefer a bonus feature that can actually do something besides spin around a flash a single colored light. If they had multiple colored lights then it would of been a better effect.
Twist doesn't do much more than what a standard 3 reel machine would do. The jukebox theme looks good but the game play is average.

Initial Appearance: 8
Sounds/lights: 8
Overall Game-Play:6 (maybe 7)
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Gak Trading Inc's Play Guide
Attachments
TwistPlayGuide.pdf
Gak Trading Inc's Play Guide for Twist
(798.23 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
houduckman
United States of America

Post by houduckman »

I have had this machine for about two weeks now and I enjoy it. It has the police light on top to let you know there is a bonus coming. When in the Regular bonus it plays Rock Around The Clock and lights up. When in the Big Bonus, it plays another 50's hit song ( I recognize it, but can't identify it) It pays pretty good, I have it set to 6 and the bonuses come about as often as the rest of my machines. I like the jukebox theme it looks pretty cool when it is all lit up. I think that Olympia could have spent a little more time and money getting the fit and finish a little better, like the reel surround. On my other machines and on most that I have seen, the surround is white and completely surrounds the opening in the reel glass. On Twist, there is a small chrome coloured piece of plastic that doesn't completely surround the reels. Basically, the reels don't stand out like the rest of the machines. In short it is a fun machine without having all the bells and whistles of contemporary machines. If you have a chance to get one, do so!!
Appearance 9
Game-play 8
lights and sounds 9
Larryh314
United States of America

Post by Larryh314 »

Yeah but is TWIST worth $200 :?: They have one for sale in chicagoland area listed at $300, best price they would give me is $200 , just don't know if its worth the whole $200

TY User Group :roll:
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

Larryh314 wrote:Yeah but is TWIST worth $200 :?: They have one for sale in chicagoland area listed at $300, best price they would give me is $200 , just don't know if its worth the whole $200

TY User Group :roll:

In my opinion, Twist is not a $200 machine.

Twist is one of those machines that has great "eye appeal". It looks like a juke box, from the '50's and the music during a Bonus round is great. That's where it stops for me.

The gameplay is as simple as it gets, "JUST PLAIN BORING", to me. Bet and spin, that's it! No type of mini-games, AT games, or any bonus features. Unless you want to call the flashing light a bonus feature. WOW!, a flashing light. All my machines have flashing lights of some sort.

I gave $40 for my Twist machine and the only reason I bought it was because it had a "bandit arm" and came with tokens. Figured the arm was worth $40 and I could use the arm on another machine, if I wanted.

So, if it's worth $200 to you, get it. That's all that matters. I could care less what someone gives for a machine or what someone else thinks about how much I paid for a machine. There is no price guide to go by, so if you are happy with it, that is all that matters.

These are all just my opinions, but Hey!, you're the one who asked.

► Show Spoiler
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
LOU

Post by LOU »

A person needs to be aware of when a machine's review is done, and compare 'what's great for that year' to what features are available now.
To play or not to play, that is the question.