NOBUNAGA NO YABO

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

NOBUNAGA NO YABO

Post by Chris »

Nobunaga No Yabo (Nobunaga's Ambition) is decent machine from IGT. It is themed around Oda Nobunaga. Oda Nobunaga (June 23, 1534–June 21, 1582) was a major daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japanese history. He was the son of Oda Nobuhide, an insignificant warlord with meager land holdings in Owari province. Nobunaga lived a life of continuous military conquest, eventually conquering most of Japan before his untimely death in 1582.

Now back to the Pachislo Portion of this review...

It's use of the LCD screen is less than spectacular since for the most part it just displays static images. Occationally there is a bird or a fish that moves on the screen but there is not much action. Even during a bonus the game play does not get much better. The sounds and music is very Japanese. There is no speech and the screens display Japanese subtitles.
Despite all of this I have still put over 50000 tokens through it trying to figure out what each scene means. I would love to find someone who could translate the screens just so I could really understand what is going on.

I feel this machine has a lot more to give since it does have a lot of scenes.

Initial Appearance: 5
Sounds/Graphics: 5
Overall Gameplay:5 (with translations this could be higher)