CONTINENTAL II

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

melisaann89

CONTINENTAL II

Post by melisaann89 »

i have just got this one at my house, I like it but still dont know much about it.
mardee

Post by mardee »

Have the machine in my home office. It is a great conversation piece. We don't turn it on very often, only when friends and family want to try it out. Like most slot machines I've ever played, it's hard to win. We really enjoy having it! Looks great!
houduckman
United States of America

Re: CONTINENTAL II

Post by houduckman »

I have had Continental II for about 3 months. It took two months to find everything I needed to get it working and restored. This old machine was built well, with some clever ideas that I haven't seen on newer machines. There is a chute on the top panel that opens to allow the operator to add medals without opening the front door. The volume controls are on a board attached to the speaker. They are adjustable from "My daughter is asleep on the other side of the wall" to "Crazy parlour loud". It also has the logic board in a removable "cartridge", that makes repairing them in a "live" parlour easier. Just pop in a new board and walk away! There is something noticeably missing.... the "MAX BET" button. To bet 3 medals, you have to press the bet button three times. Another interesting item inside the machine are the reels, they do not have optical sensors on them. They have numbered sections that need to be lined up with the motor to stop at the right place.
Now for gameplay. It is pretty basic by modern standards, OK, it is REALLY basic; The bonuses come around just as often as most machines with a basic light show on the top row of lights in the coloured lenses. It plays a a simple melody during the bonus rounds. The big bonus is 18 guaranteed payouts of 15 medals and the regular bonus is 6. There are a few other smaller bonuses that pop up while playing that keep your attention. I enjoy playing it and it is a nice addition to my collection.

Appearance, I am giving it an 8. Twenty-two years ago, it was cutting edge!
Game-play, I am giving it an 8. Very basic, but entertaining.
Build quality, Definitely a 10. This was built very well and has some thought put into it.
Attachments
Machine
Machine
P1090457.JPG (504.18 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Logic board
Logic board
P1090461.JPG (502.88 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Credit and bet buttons
Credit and bet buttons
P1090455.JPG (185.45 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Volume controls
Volume controls
P1090460.JPG (421.42 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Hopper Fill Chute
Hopper Fill Chute
P1090456.JPG (497.15 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
LOU

Re: CONTINENTAL II

Post by LOU »

As much of a fan I am of the newer machines, houduckman reminds us that there is something good to be said still about the older ones.
To play or not to play, that is the question.