DOUBLE CHALLENGE

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

DOUBLE CHALLENGE

Post by Chris »

It has been a while since I've owned this machine but I thought I would review it anyways since it still has a special place in my heart (it was my first machine).

Double Challenge has the standard Rodeo half juke box look that was very common at that time. It features a LED screen that packs a lot of action. There is always something moving on the LED screen.

DC has two modes devil mode and angel mode. The game can play slightly different depending on which mode you are in. It seemed to change modes randomly...If I did something to get it to change then I never figured it out.

DC has a feature called the AT (Assist Time) game. When you are being teased with AT you drop a coin in when the LED screen reads the mulitplier you are playing for. it either 1, 1.5, 2, 5, 10 or 30. This the only machine that I know that lets you choose how the game is going to be played. The lower the number the better chance you have of winning the AT bonus game. If you are in angel mode then the number of games you are playing to win equals 100 * the multiplier. In Devil mode you are playing for 10 & the multiplier. So it is quiet possible to win 3000 AT mode games. During an AT mode game you will be told which reel to stop first, second and third. And you will win most. I think the highest I ever got to was 300 (10 * 30). It is also possible to hit a bonus game (big or reg) during at mode.

Double Challenge was a very loud machine and required volume controls. I would get yelled at by my children two floors away to stop playing late at night.

Initial Appearance: 8
Light/Sounds: 8
Overall Gameplay: 8.5