FUNKY BEETLE

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

tckern

FUNKY BEETLE

Post by tckern »

I was given this machine when I bought a vintage Volkswagon back in 2001. My family has played it extensively for 11 years now and it is still in "AS NEW" condition. We have yet to need repairs or replacement parts. It did not come with an owners manual so we really aren't sure of all it's capabilities so if anyone out there has one or a comparable one I'd appreciate any info you can foreward to me. I would also like to know the best place to buy more tokens for it. Thanks, TC Kern
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

Hello, and welcome!

I see you already found your game in the data base, that's a start.
Yama would most likely know where to look for a basic manual for your game, I'm sure he will be along later.

You can also check the pachislo FAQ area, a lot of information there too.
I looked at stealth Home Amusement, but someone really hacked up their site, and I didn't see anything there for Daito's.
tckern

Post by tckern »

Arraking, Thank you for your reply. Another question if I may. I read a few years back about a gentleman bringing three reconditioned machines home for his daughter's rec room. It wasn't long before he was visited by authorities(Which authorities wasn't mentioned)who made him either destroy the machines or have them confiscated on the premise that they Could be used for illegal gambling! Seems like they should ban playing cards too from that premise! I just now ordered extra tokens for my machine from Ebay and a BOLD warning came up about the illegality of owning one of these machines. I live in Seattle where even online poker is banned but they're fine with the lottery which makes them money. Hypocricy! Have you heard of this actually happening and should I be paranoid? I suddenly have the urge to spirit the machine to friends to hide it. I would appreciate any thoughts or info you have on this. Thanks Again, TC
LOU

Post by LOU »

Welcome TC,
We hope that you did not order the 'cherry' tokens from eBay. They don't always work well. Nice looking though.
Have you tried quarters in the coin mech to ensure that they just return to the tray? Also keep the door key attached to the machine with a bead chain--for example. At least you will have something to backup your plea that it is not a gambling machine (there are ways around this!) in case you're ever asked. Having a sympathetic officer wouldn't hurt either! If you just keep a low profile (and no wild parties) I'd think you should be okay. If you are still concerned, send the machine to me here in Oregon. You're welcome to come play it and the others when in the area!
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

Hi TC, like Lou said, don't advertise...

Some states are really strict on gambling laws, Pachislos are not a gambling devise, but you can't get that through the thick heads of states sometimes.
If your worried, hide it like you said, do you have a dark hideaway some where in your house? If you remove it from your house and it get's seen, you could be in for more trouble.

Some are like the Gestapo, they take it to the max. I know the next town over from me if your caught speeding, like ten miles over, they throw the book at you. These guys have no sense of humor at all.
I do believe WA is one of those states who say no to pachislo's. And your right, it is Hypocricy. Just think of it as they want to hold all the 'cards' as it were.

And You stand to get a better deal from one of the vendors listed here under the same heading. The Robins nest is one place, and the other is Bluehotaru.
Like lou said, stay away from the cherry tokens :!: For the most part they just don't work, they are made from steel, and not brass, thus they get stuck in the coin accepter.
IF you did order these, and you can't return them, unplug the magnet on the coin unit, and have some way to hold the plate down so the tokens don't get stuck behind it.