MAGIC MONSTER 2

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

MAGIC MONSTER 2

Post by Chris »

This was originally posted in the technical help forum but since it was such a nice review I thought it belonged here as well.
Cooldude76775 wrote:I had a total of 5 pachinko's and I thought I was going to be a die hard pachinko owner with no sights on owning a pachislot.

And then I saw LCD's and Overlays... And it was all over. I started my search with a slight idea of what type of machine I wanted. I am very picky and was surprised when I came across the MM2 machine.

It had a cool theme,
- "Halloween, Cartoon Style"
Type of display I wanted,
- "Wrap Around Full Screen LCD"
Type of gameplay I wanted,
- "Reg Bonus/ Big Bonus"

Upon the arrival of the machine the reception was well. I was surprised at the detail among many things the transtion video's and just amount of time that was put into the idea of MM2.

You can tell that making this machine a certain way was very important to someone. You think you have seen it all and then another type of bonus happens. Or a new video transition. Some bonus's/ key points.

The reaches that take place come by win/lose scenarios. Whether it be picking the right card that says win, a race by broom stick, a soccer goal, picking the right coffin... The list goes on when it comes to reaches.

When you get into different stages you have an opportunity to enter a challenge with a dragon. There are different dragons depending on star level, payout, etc. I still have not figured that whole thing out yet. The ghost seems to help, when you get 3 of him or randomly he will fill a meter that will then help you during the battle.

While approaching the dragon battle you walk down a red or blue path in which you have 80 spins to fill up your ghost meter, or hit the bonus. If you take the full 80 spins to get to the end of the path you enter the bonus anyways. I have just not been that lucky when it comes to winning anything when I enter the bonus that way. I seem to do better when I either hit 7's or fill up the ghost meter.

The game itself is hard to get up from once you have sat down. It is a nice change of pace when it comes to theme and it fits perfectly in a collection because it is so different.

I also have a Popeye machine which when it comes to the look of the machines is very similar they could not be any more different and actually compliment each other quite well.

Although I enjoy my popeye, I have probablty played 3-4 times more on the magic monster. There is just something about it that makes you want to hit that bonus, battle a dragon, or watch some new cut scene's and bonus's which was the case today. I have had this machine for 2 years now and today alone I saw one new reach and 2 new cut scene's.

I hope this helped if not a little bit. I had a really hard time deciding what machine to get. And this being my first machine. I couldn't have been happier. You also feel like you are getting a good deal because the quality feels like it is to par especially with the full screen LCD. Although it is not an Overlay machine. It is still great.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me