GOLD CHANCE

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Michaelo
Canada

GOLD CHANCE

Post by Michaelo »

Not a bad machine, lots of fun & very colorful. It was previously owned by a graphic artist. He replaced the original GOLD CHANCE 6 ½" x 15 ½" graphic display with Dale Earnhardt Sr. & Seven Looney Tunes cartoon characters, to amp it up some. This machine has a 3-position volume control (perfect for my man-cave) & skill level 5 is the best.
LOU

Re: GOLD CHANCE

Post by LOU »

Hmmm. I would have thought Derby Boy to be your machine of choice--more fun to play.
Wait till you get a chance to play or buy a Type 5 machine. They seem to be more entertainment oriented (& smaller bonuses) than previous types. Always feel free to come here for opinions though before making a purchase.
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Michaelo
Canada

Post by Michaelo »

Lou, Derby Boy actually is more colorful and has a few more "bells and whistles." It is extremely loud (no volume control). I baffled the two bottom speakers (still loud) so i might disconnect the two top speakers.
ackleplem
United States of America

Post by ackleplem »

Another thing you could do is purchase volume controls for them. They are readily available on ebay and they do an excellent job on getting the volume down.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
ackleplem
United States of America

Post by ackleplem »

Here's a link to one I've used in the past:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volume-controll ... 41826452d7

You can't beat the price on it. The only drawback to this one is that they don't come with any adhesive backing to mount them. However, you should be able to get that at any hardware store.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Larryh314
United States of America

Post by Larryh314 »

Recently sold Derby Boy -> BORING kinda dumb machine , person bought it loved horses. As far as those volume controls on eBay I have used them They are very easy and fast just - snip snip & clip clip all done 10 mins. But buy the dual control ones much nicer - one dual controller operates both speakers. :drunken:
I'll Be Back !
LOU

Post by LOU »

Pachidirect does have some 2-in-one (dual, 2 speaker) controllers in another auction. There are 3 terminals on each pot, but only 2 wires to each speaker. One terminal is not used. That auction is probably the better one to win. You don't have to hook up one of the pots--for just one speaker. Later as your machine collection grows you may wish to get some of the singles.
To play or not to play, that is the question.