TRIPLE WINNER

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

houduckman
United States of America

TRIPLE WINNER

Post by houduckman »

I just recently acquired TRIPLE WINNER. It is another nice older machine. It compares to Continental II a lot and it also compares to NJ. It has a basic game play without a bunch of flashing lights and sounds. In Big Bonus it does flash the coloured lenses on the top and has a "counter" for the number of bonuses left in the round. In big bonus it has 3 rounds of 8 guaranteed "wins" of 15 medals. As you complete a round, the colour changes on the counter. It does have a "CHANCE" that will give you a free spin if you line three in a row, like modern machines (Continental II doesn't have that) It does NOT have a ""MAX BET" button, so you will need to hit the bet button 3 times to bet 3 medals.
It is build in the same "box" as Continental II with a top flap that opens up, and the door that opens separately. The power supply is in TWO pieces. In modern machines the power supply has the switches, reset button and key switch. In Triple Winner, the switches are separated from the power box and in / out counters. The reels don't have the optical sensors like modern machines. The hopper and all the painted parts inside are blue. The hopper is definitely an early Eleco variation. It does have good volume controls, there are two switches on the speaker to go from "I am trying to be louder than a fire truck" to "it is 3:00 AM and I don't want to wake everybody in the house up"
All in all, I think this is a fun machine to play, just a little basic.
For Game play, I am giving a solid 7.5
For appearance, I am giving it a 7 (No fancy characters or themes)
For build quality, I am giving it a 10, it is built like a TANK and like Continental II there was some thought put into this machine.
Attachments
IMG_8448.JPG
IMG_8448.JPG (414.13 KiB) Viewed 15673 times
Blue insides
Blue insides
IMG_8447.JPG (371.95 KiB) Viewed 15673 times
Triple Winner
Triple Winner
TW Small.jpg (418.36 KiB) Viewed 15673 times
Garyc
United States of America

Re: TRIPLE WINNER

Post by Garyc »

Thank you for all the great information.