NADESICO

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

NADESICO

Post by stampeed valkyrie »

Martian Successor Nadesico is my 4th Pachislo machine.. and the oldest in my collection currently.
The machine is based off an Anime series titled Kidō Senkan Nadeshiko, and was released in the early 2000's in the US by the now defunct ADV Films.
It's spawned at least 1 movie, and several now out of print games... more information can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_S ... r_Nadesico.

Externally the main attractions on this machine are the LCD display cycling through an attract loop. The side lighting is LED and does change colors... while the top and internal lighting are bulbs.. So its a mix between CFL, LED and bulbs.. so a machine that was made while transitioning to all LED like my newer machines. In the upper left is a picture of Yurika the captain, and upper right is Ruri ships science officer. They will blink and flash and occasionally call out to you and each other as gameplay progresses. There are no Animitronics on this machine.. so transitions are all digital on the LCD Display. Reel art.. Each of the items, Bells, Cherrys, Watermelon, Replay are all modeled after the show. the 7's have Yurika (Red) Ruri (Blue) and Akito (Yellow) in them.

Gameplay
As with other machines of a similar type the machine starts on the bridge of the Nadesico, then will transition to other areas as time progresses. There are also certain reel combinations that will transition you to the next screen. The Areas noted so far.. Bridge, Space or Ships Exterior, Ruri (on the bridge), and Akito inside his quarters.
There are several sub screens that may pop up at random points pretty much telling you what the reels are going to do. For example while on the exterior view an asteroid may fly by and be colored (white, red, blue, yellow), On the bridge the rear doors may open revealing a crew member in a different colored uniform, again corresponding to the reels. And while still on the bridge showing Ruri she may look left or right at her shipmates and give you hints as to what your going to get. Lastly while in Akito's quarters the ship may start shaking and a reel icon (cherry, bells, replay..etc) will fall to the floor showing what your going to get. Unlike my newer machines there is no "Chance" button.. however the machine uses the Max Bet button at certain points in the same fashion during Bonus attempts.

Mini Games.. there are several that all may lead up to a Bonus Rounds. The most amusing IMO is where the Captain (Yurika) starts searching for Akito and randomly goes different places around the ship. For those familiar with this series its quite amusing.. if she locates Akito the machine goes into a bonus round.
Several Reaches... involving scenes from the anime.. if successful will go into Bonus Rounds.

Bonus Rounds.. there are 3 and 1 unique for Geki Ganger 3.
The big bonuses revolve around Yurika and Ruri, while the Middle Bonus is Akito, and the regular bonus.
Each round plays different music, all from the TV series.

I'll add more information as I get a chance to play it.

Overall.
As a fan of Martians Successor Nadesico I enjoy the gameplay and the bonus chances. But the machine is a little more basic then some of my other machines.. but that does not detract from my enjoyment of it. Seems to be a little more payout friendly then other machines... but time will tell.
Looking for Anime Theme'd machines
Macross, Evangelion, Nadesico... etc etc.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

Re: NADESICO

Tossing in some game play pictures.

Good Daylight shot of exterior of machine.
Optimized-20150822_182756.jpg
Optimized-20150822_182756.jpg (629.31 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
In Game shot showing the bridge on the LCD screen
Optimized-20150822_215410.jpg
Optimized-20150822_215410.jpg (594.79 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
Another in game shot this one also on the bridge showing Minato (helm)
note the purple leds starting to light on the upper left.
Optimized-20150823_130344.jpg
Optimized-20150823_130344.jpg (650.98 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
Image depicting the exterior/space scene
Optimized-20150907_124752.jpg
Optimized-20150907_124752.jpg (599.87 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
A series of shots showing some of the hints the screen gives you as to what to expect from the reels.
In this sequence Akito's Aestevalis is facing something unidentified.
Optimized-20150907_124834.jpg
Optimized-20150907_124834.jpg (517.07 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
Object is revealed to be a Jovian Grasshopper type (blue) which is replay.
Optimized-20150907_124858.jpg
Optimized-20150907_124858.jpg (556.56 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
Ruri coming out holding a placard showing replay in this instance... this can happen in any scene...
Optimized-20150907_125009.jpg
Optimized-20150907_125009.jpg (523.96 KiB) Viewed 7439 times

After looking at these pictures what it does not show save 1 picture is how active the LEDs are in the clear strips in the upper left and right..
They change color frequently.. often corresponding with a reach or what is pictured on the reels.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

Re: NADESICO

And finally
some video of the Attract mode for Nadesico
https://youtu.be/Zie03104Ez0

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross