NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 2

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 2

Post by stampeed valkyrie »

With some time under the belt on this machine its time for a Review.
Bisty 2010 Neon Genesis Evangelion "Path to the Soul" I believe on the reels it reads Die Spur der Seele which google so kindly translates to Track to the Soul.
This machine is obviously based on the Anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.. or "Shin Seiki Evangelion" More information on the series can be found here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.

Exterior wise this is probably my favorite machine.. It very closely is modeled after "Unit 01" from the Evangelion TV series. It has a lighted belly glass with the Evangelion Logo and a 3d Figure.. yes figure of Rei Ayanami. This lights when credits are inserted and remains dark when not in play. The upper section has some interesting animatronics.. no sliding doors which were pretty common from this time period, but it does have the head of Unit 01 which comes to life and roars.. while at the same time can move a hand on the left side which makes it appear to grab and pull the LCD Screen.

Music is pulled from the TV Series and most of the animations are from the First of the Evangelion Renewal movies which started coming out in 2007 as just about all the scenes are pulled from the first movie.. but several are from the 2nd. For Fans of this series this machine is probably the most attractive of the modern machines currently released. I have another machine based on Eva that is newer but I do not believe its as eye catching as this machine is.

Gameplay is your typical Bells, Cherries, Watermelons, and Jac symbols. Each symbol is themed after something from the Anime.. Bells have one of the monsters (Angels) around it. The Cherries have a "Core", and the Watermelons have an Eva on them... while the Jac or replays have the Nerv logo in it.

This machine has a few bonus rounds and multiple reaches.. 3 Big Bonus and 1 Mid Bonus and a Regular Bonus.. The 7's as everything else are modeled after the anime.. Blue sevens for Shinji, Red for Asuka, Yellow for Rei, and a rarer Orange 7 for Mari.
Personally the Red, Amber, Orange gets confusing when attempting to hit bonuses.. especially the regular bonus where you need to get one of each.

To sum it up... this machine is definitely a keeper for me it seems to get abit stingy at times on payouts even on the "6" setting but when it hits.. its hits pretty big and keeps you entertained.

Some images below and video showing some basic game play and lucky for me a bonus!

https://youtu.be/J1iWxngi2MQ

and the bonus round that follows!

https://youtu.be/usuaG6nWvqQ

Optimized-20150307_172345.jpg
Optimized-20150307_172345.jpg (546.82 KiB) Viewed 22887 times
Optimized-20150307_163121.jpg
Optimized-20150307_163121.jpg (713.62 KiB) Viewed 22887 times
Optimized-20150307_171321.jpg
Optimized-20150307_171321.jpg (652.69 KiB) Viewed 22887 times
Optimized-20150307_171519.jpg
Optimized-20150307_171519.jpg (705.73 KiB) Viewed 22887 times
Looking for Anime Theme'd machines
Macross, Evangelion, Nadesico... etc etc.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
MurphyFlicker
Japan

Re: NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 2

Post by MurphyFlicker »

Great review for this slot, which I'm trying to get to grow on me. You would have had to be careful looking for a good machine like this in the parlours, as the counters would display constant 700-1000+ spins for Bonus, but this was mainly due to the Huuuuge EMERGENCY rush mode it would go in from time to time, which would maintain your balance very very well.
Lots of different scenes in this slot, would be interesting to find out if there's an order, which scene has the greatest chance of awarding a Bonus.

Got to love hitting Cherries on the scene in the house. Asuka slides the door and says "Hello!" Cute!!!
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

Good point.. the mode your talking about hits on the 2nd spin on the first Video.. Lucky for me it did not last long.. This can take a very long time to get out of but it usually results in many bells and replays.. There are 2 types to this mode.. one with the Red/Orange Flames, and if it goes long enough the flames change to Blue/White.

As for scenes it cycles between the Apartment, and the School, along with Nerv HQ. I have noticed that when Pen2 does show up a bonus is usually not far behind. And the more Pen2s that show up the better the chance.. I have had 3 pop in at one point.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
MurphyFlicker
Japan

Post by MurphyFlicker »

600 emergency spins for a Regular once! Also have you ever won Asukas table tennis/volleyball sequence?
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

MurphyFlicker wrote:600 emergency spins for a Regular once! Also have you ever won Asukas table tennis/volleyball sequence?
Yes, but its not a frequent occurrence.. I get this machine confused with my other Eva Machine "Pulse of life" since the reaches are very similar. I'd be curious to know if the random items that show up on the table in the apartment mean anything.. and what the cellphone displays when the characters get texts.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
MurphyFlicker
Japan

Post by MurphyFlicker »

Sat down and treated myself to a long play of this on the weekend. Thankfully a feature and bonus rich session too! Tried to piece together a few questions from your posts and look for more Reaches.

-Things on the table/around the house... I've seen a penguin clock and bottle on the table... Also a larger penguin at the side, and once garbage bags all around. No idea if they mean anything, though the common "More objects, better chance" probably comes into play here. Is possible to get multiple objects, though rare.
Had a rare occurrence where it slid the door open to reveal that reclining chair, normally there's a penguin with a symbol to aim for, but this time it was the penguin in the room, piled high with different symbols! It didn't cave in for a bonus too quickly so I'd like to see that again.

-Managed to win an Asuka game! Got one in the basketball, which returned a Super Big Bonus, which was nice. Incidentally if Rei shoots and misses, on the Lose screen Asuka is still ripping out Shinji. I think any speeches/texts/paper aeroplanes before that have in Japanese "Shoubu desu ka?" or something in a little more demanding tone...Bottom line, it's saying "Come have a match with us"

-Pretty sure I went through all the areas the game has to offer. Over time now I've got a bonus in all of them except the Council of 3 supercomputers. It's always returned to the lab after a bonus, switches to the house, then to Asuka at school.

-Never got the Emergency mode, but had the "Get the message from ____ in 20 spins" mode. Managed to win one of them after a gold plated message came through! Infuriating when you need Ritsuko in this round (bells) yet it just holds off the message... Meanwhile during the base game she can't stop showing up!

Other things to note
-Computer stage.. Where it cuts to Rei or Asuka in an induced state, it seems to always bring in replay/bells... If it doesn't, and the counter is only halfway or so, it is probably a sign for Bonus. I always shoot for watermelon/cherry here just to make sure it is actually a Reach, and not just a missed chance at a harder symbol
-Trying to work out if combinations of 7 and the Evangelion symbol are Reach. Unfortunately the slot hasn't got any information on this. Red 7-Eva-Red 7 during a battle, then gave Bonus... But Blue Blue Eva didn't. More to come.
-Missed the Big Bonus (Orange yellow blue) on purpose because I like it when Mari(?) says "Ki-mo-chi-ii!"

-Slot does not display any information on the glass about getting 3 orange 7s with Mari. Can we assume this is a rare bonus and likely to trigger a streak of sorts?
Also are there any rare Reach patterns you have had?
Larryh314
United States of America

Post by Larryh314 »

How can I get one ? Shipped to Illinois send me details TY awesome
I'll Be Back !
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

-Slot does not display any information on the glass about getting 3 orange 7s with Mari. Can we assume this is a rare bonus and likely to trigger a streak of sorts?
After looking at the reel list in the DB the Orange 7 or Mari 7 is just on the first reel..

I was going to ask a question about the mission mode that comes up... usually you need something in 20 spins.. I am glad you pointed this out.. as I never get what its asking for.

I spent some time with this machine this weekend as well.. and I didn't quite get as lucky.. ended up in an Emergency mode that went on for ever.. then just got a regular bonus at the end.

@Larryh314... good luck! I found mine on a CL ad in NJ.. seller wanted a crazy high amount for it and I was able to talk him down from crazy high to just high.. I think I paid just north of $300 for it. I don't feel so bad as I know of one that sold for $400..
Try YJA or post up a want ad for it.. I have not seen anyone else with one either.. at least not in the US.

@Admins or Moderators... Why is this machine listed as Neon Genesis Evangelion 2? The reels pretty plainly read Track or Path to the soul... well in german.. lol

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

stampeed valkyrie wrote:@Admins or Moderators... Why is this machine listed as Neon Genesis Evangelion 2? The reels pretty plainly read Track or Path to the soul... well in german.. lol
I'm guessing that "Neon Genesis Evangelion Path of the Soul" is to many characters, for it to be entered, as the Machine Name. :dontknow:

But, someone who owns this machine, (hint, hint, :roll: ) could submit an Update and list the machines full name in the "Your Comments" section. Could also update a couple of "unknown fields" listed.

If you know someone, have them Image
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
MurphyFlicker
Japan

Post by MurphyFlicker »

stampeed valkyrie wrote:
I was going to ask a question about the mission mode that comes up... usually you need something in 20 spins.. I am glad you pointed this out.. as I never get what its asking for.
Re: This, I should have explained further that the thing you need might change in Mission Mode. It'll normally say what you need to get in the top left corner (Helps if you know Katakana) So far I've had it require Ritsuko and Evangelion, but I imagine you could get a round that requires Rei or Asuka. You need these characters to show up when you press the MAIL button. Of course, you can bring in the usual allocated win when they show up... But just getting the win on the reels doesn't count. You need their face appearing in the MAIL too.
stampeed valkyrie
United States of America

I've been playing this machine a little more regularly.. I had 2 Basketball Mini games show up.. 1 was Rei making the shot.. it missed... And Asuka is Yelling at Shinji while Rei looks Dejected.. 2 was Shinji making the shot... it goes in! Led to a big bonus... The volleyball mini game shows up much less frequently... And what are the rules that Misato is trying to explain before the match starts? I'll try and get a screen grab next time this happens.

Want list.
Sankyo Fever SDF Macross
MurphyFlicker
Japan

Post by MurphyFlicker »

Post the message, will do me best to translate it.

Won me first game of table tennis the other day, for REGULAR... I didn't get to see the win animation though as I just brought the 7s in when they were still playing tennis

This game does let you quite a lot, bring in the bonus before the Bonus Kakutei screen. Once you have an obvious Reach show up, or you feel the 7s just falling in place, you're normally good to go. Then again its sometimes nice to just not bring them in early, so you can watch all the animation