Pinball Machine Legs

Discussion of the other round ball phenomenon

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

I know you changed the computer from first attempt to final product. If you could post a list of system parts, min CPU, ram requirements, KB ENCODER, BUTTONS ETC. it could encourage others to make their own digital pinball machine.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Gman wrote:I know you changed the computer from first attempt to final product. If you could post a list of system parts, min CPU, ram requirements, KB ENCODER, BUTTONS ETC. it could encourage others to make their own digital pinball machine.
I will definately do that Gman! There is a lot of things that I would have improved on and mistakes that cost me extra. With all the parts anybody should be able to build one for under $500 and maybe less.
METZ

Post by METZ »

thats not that bad of price :wink:
I believe I have everythang minus the LCDs
ImageImageImage
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

METZ wrote:thats not that bad of price :wink:
I believe I have everythang minus the LCDs
I see a couple people are making bartop versions. Maybe you and Gman can design something like that?
METZ

Post by METZ »

I have a bunch of empty cabs now
I like the look of yours
ImageImageImage
METZ

Post by METZ »

so whats the word on this DEVO?
ImageImageImage
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

After I get back from vacation this week, I'm determined to finish this project.
I have it running and have been playing it for awhile. I'm addicted to playing it more than finishing it!
METZ

Post by METZ »

and if you want to sell it or trade
DEVO let me know
ImageImageImage
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Well I finally got back to working on the pin cab and one of the first things I need to do is get better cooling inside the cab. I found this aquarium 4 fan cooler on Ebay. My question is would it be easy to wire a arcade button to the on/off switch for easy on/off function? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Here is another one that looked like it might work better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

What do you guys and gals think?
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

METZ wrote:and if you want to sell it or trade
DEVO let me know
I was actually thinking of selling it Metz when totally completed. I already know a couple people interested!
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

The second one definitely looks like it would work better. Why don't just get a couple of 80mm (or 60mm) fans and wire them into the 12V coming off the power supply. All you need is a connector to hook up to a hard drive cable. It has the power you need and would come on when you turn the machine on and you wouldn't have to worry about remember to turn it on or off.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Chris wrote:The second one definitely looks like it would work better. Why don't just get a couple of 80mm (or 60mm) fans and wire them into the 12V coming off the power supply. All you need is a connector to hook up to a hard drive cable. It has the power you need and would come on when you turn the machine on and you wouldn't have to worry about remember to turn it on or off.
I thought about that but I would need a bigger power supply. The one I have in it now is 550w but its not a good brand. Maybe I should invest in a bigger and better power supply to run everything. I think a 600w to 700w should run 4 fans and would enable me to upgrade to a better video card in the future.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

550W should be plenty to run a medium level rig even with 4 fans. The fans shouldn't draw that much.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
METZ

Post by METZ »

hell devo do I get dibbs? :wink:
ImageImageImage
kimcfadd
United States of America

Post by kimcfadd »

Devo! I just came across this post. AWESOME! You have some major skills my friend. Would love to see how it turned out.
kimcfadd
United States of America

Post by kimcfadd »

Devo,

I would love to try to build a setup like this. I have a couple displays that I can use. A spare system should be easy enough. I have a friend that owns his own cabinet business so I am set there as well. The only piece I'm missing is how to make it all work together (I know, that is the biggest piece). Any step by step or laundry list of what needs to be done would be awesome.

Oh! I even know a guy that can do custom graphics for the cabinet (wink, wink).

Thanks!
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

I've been working on the pinball again and hope to have it done by the end of November. Lots of stuff on the inside has been upgraded or rearranged!
Pictures soon! :D
METZ

Post by METZ »

KILLLER!!! cant wait :twisted:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Forest
Curator
Curator
United States of America

Post by Forest »

What a great post.
I just read through this post for the first time and I'm very impressed and a little jealous. Devo you do outstanding work.
I can follow about 90% of the thread but certain parts are beyond my expertise.
Though I find it very interesting and I learn a lot by members sharing projects and then other member adding there opinions and suggestions. Thank you.

I play Williams greatest hits on the Wii and large screen. With the two separate controllers if plays remarkable well. But Devo your machine is a great size, multiple games,and with awesome arcade looks. That's one sweet machine! I look forward to your updates.

I know there are other contenders out there but I'd say this thread should be in strong consideration for multiple nominations to the
D/B Annual Post Awards.
Nominations include
Kick *ss project
Most informative~( in the category for the Best Development of a home made video pinball machine )
Best Post
The Forest the future site of North America's largest Pachislo Museum
http://www.pachislodb.com/index.php?ind ... lor=Forest
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

Awsome Devo, can't wait to see more pictures of this!