I got a Pinball Machine!

Discussion of the other round ball phenomenon

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Devospeed

I got a Pinball Machine!

Post by Devospeed »

Well I guess I would call it a semi-pinball machine. I saw these on Target.com clearance for $149 shipped and hinted to my wife about it. Within two days of hinting I got it! An early birthday present from my kids, my son loves it! I thought my friend and I were going to destroy it on Saturday night, we nudged the crap out it and it survived!
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

I had almost bought one like that last year from Best Buy. It was Pirates of the Caribbean themed. The legs were kind of flimsy so I passed on it. That machine would look cool next to the Marvel Heroes pachislo. Just what I need, another distraction at home :)
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Chris wrote:I had almost bought one like that last year from Best Buy. It was Pirates of the Caribbean themed. The legs were kind of flimsy so I passed on it. That machine would look cool next to the Marvel Heroes pachislo. Just what I need, another distraction at home :)
The Marvel machine is the same layout as Pirates and has some improvements? For $149 shipped its a nice addition to the game room! Get them while there hot! : )
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

I have to admit. The $149 price tag is very tempting.....must resist :)
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

I see those on craigs list also. some are CHEAP! $40-$60 for that price I was tempted also.
I see Devon's next custom machine. a Beerfest pinball.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Gman wrote:I see those on craigs list also. some are CHEAP! $40-$60 for that price I was tempted also.
I see Devon's next custom machine. a Beerfest pinball.
People have been already modding these. Mostly beefing them up with actual pinball flippers and adding some small bumper posts. They are all the same layout. Once the machine starts breaking the modding will begin!
dbeeks1

Post by dbeeks1 »

It looks pretty cool! Now when you get your video pin done, you can host tournaments, or pinball night.
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

dbeeks1 wrote:It looks pretty cool! Now when you get your video pin done, you can host tournaments, or pinball night.
Thats a good idea! I'll have to get my Bartop Mame done also, everybody can switch.
METZ

Post by METZ »

yeah thats cool
would look way sweet like chris said :wink:
ImageImageImage
outdoorenth

Post by outdoorenth »

OMG that looks so cool. Never been tempted for a pinball before. Why is it only a semi-pin? I would so get killed if I even asked to buy it. LOL! I was lucky to squeeze in a vintage pachinko recently.
www.BlueHotaru.com
Great prices on all pachislo and pachinko machines and accessories.
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

outdoorenth wrote:OMG that looks so cool. Never been tempted for a pinball before. Why is it only a semi-pin? I would so get killed if I even asked to buy it. LOL! I was lucky to squeeze in a vintage pachinko recently.
I call it a semi-pin because its smaller and a little on the cheap end compared to a real pin. I'm waiting to see something break soon. My 4 year old son and I beat the crap out of it. He loves playing it and has actually gotten pretty good! Are you enjoying your new/old pachinko?
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

I play my vintage pachinko more than my newer ones. 1950's vintage single shot 2friki or 2frihi (actual name) It is here in the office with me along with 2 full size pinball's.
Mike

outdoorenth

Post by outdoorenth »

Devospeed wrote:
outdoorenth wrote:OMG that looks so cool. Never been tempted for a pinball before. Why is it only a semi-pin? I would so get killed if I even asked to buy it. LOL! I was lucky to squeeze in a vintage pachinko recently.
I call it a semi-pin because its smaller and a little on the cheap end compared to a real pin. I'm waiting to see something break soon. My 4 year old son and I beat the crap out of it. He loves playing it and has actually gotten pretty good! Are you enjoying your new/old pachinko?
Not able to restore it yet, so it's just sitting against the wall. I shot a few balls through it. One went into a pocket, the others out the back.
www.BlueHotaru.com
Great prices on all pachislo and pachinko machines and accessories.
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

When restoring it don't do what most folks do, Love it to death!
Giving a dirty old pachinko a good bath will wreck it! the best Ebay machine I have gotten are non working "parts" machines, why? nobody gave them a bath to pretty it up to sell. the moisture from cleaning seeps behind the nails and gets under the PF coating and causes staining. look close near the nails most Ebay vintage machines have this nasty discolored ring around each nail. It usually is greenish gray from the copper in the nails.
Mike

Stinger357

Post by Stinger357 »

It Just went down to 99.99 on clearance! I just got 1. This looks like a great alternative then a 4000 dollar pinball. And I have a 5 year old that will love it.!!! Get yours before they are gone!@
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Does any one know how much is the shipping on that? I dont feel like signing up for a target account just to find out how much the shipping is.
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Chris wrote:Does any one know how much is the shipping on that? I dont feel like signing up for a target account just to find out how much the shipping is.
Chris, its still the same price I got it for! Pinball $99.99 + Ship $40.19 + Tax $9.81 = $149.99 The shipping maybe slightly different to you. You can use your Amazon account also to pay for this if you have one.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Well for me it would be a whole $144.95. Woohoo!! Do you still like your Devo? I am strongly considering this for my kids ;) At least that is what I told my wife
Devospeed

Post by Devospeed »

Chris wrote:Well for me it would be a whole $144.95. Woohoo!! Do you still like your Devo? I am strongly considering this for my kids ;) At least that is what I told my wife
Its actually a hard pinball, I have not beaten the machine as of yet. You have to hit certain targets that represent each of villians 3 times each. I've been very close to beating it, getting down to the last villian usually Venon! Its also good for kids my son plays it at least five times a day. He even rocks the machine to get extra points! Your kids will love it! :wink:
METZ

Post by METZ »

it just looks very cool!
if I had the room
ImageImageImage