Curator
Curator
United States of America

Pinball~ slot machine~ video game~ dust covers

Post by Forest »

When I saw these I thought of G's 3 Spin Luck's in the garage. :sign7:
Then I though of my two, presently sitting in the my basements workshop :shock:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/1369699303.html

I might contact to see if they will do some custom work.
Some black serial numbered Spin Luck dust covers
Who wouldn't want that :thumbup:
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Those are cool. Especially for a pinball machine where you need the glass to be nice a clean. If a pinball machine cover is only $40 (plus shipping) then a slot machine cover couldn't be too bad...maximum of $10 shipping since it will fit one of those flat rate boxes.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
JMSVERO

Post by JMSVERO »

I am trying to get my sister in law to make them for me. She is pretty good with the sewing machine. Definitely a great idea
Jeff.
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

my wife has a new sewing machine, it can even do custom embroidery. I put my business and web site on a few shirts just playing with it. Maybe I will see if she will make me a set of covers. I have flannel sheets covering the pinball and arcade when I am making a mess. I have one for the pachislo's also. I need to move these out of the garage.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
JMSVERO

Post by JMSVERO »

I have a few pins in my garage as well. I need to move them in the house.
Jeff
n8iws

Post by n8iws »

I had the same idea for my collection. Wished I had my Dad's commercial machine at times. Wife used to do embroidery at a few different shops locally. We've considered purchasing a 2 head machine for a few years now, it's still on the back burner. With my oldest daughter in art school, and her quad core computer and graphics skills, we could do some digitizing and make up some game graphic designs to embroider.
On the Level, By the Square,

Dale
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

I have some of the embroidery pattern making programs, (the cheap or free ones)
Anyone can make an original design within the program or import a simple image to have the machine generate the stitch pattern.
I like the Masterworks lite to make simple stuff.

This is a demo I installed, it has full features but it expires in 30 days after first use. It will not start after 30 days normally but I installed it in a VM and just pause the VM, I never shut it down so it never gets a chance to time out ;)
if it did time out I can just restore the Vm to a clean snapshot before I installed it and start over with another 30 day trial.
Mike

n8iws

Post by n8iws »

Cool Gman, I was thinking digitizing the belly glass artwork for the pattern. We are considering like a 10 or more thread machine so we can do the color pallot.

Dale
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

That is very cool Dale. I hope you get it going without too much trouble. :thumleft:
I learned the hard way on these patterns to group the colors. With a single spool ALL color changes including re threading the needle with new color is done by the operator ( me) and by default teh pattern is sewn in the order it was made, not by thread color (this can change often) It is a pain swapping more than once per pattern. Even with the amazing semi automatic re threading feature of the machine. the up side is we have 30+ colors we can use to create each design. So some bad and some good for this arrangement.
I missed the auction where a garage fuyll of embroidery equipment and supplies went for very cheap. :cry: :x
Mike

n8iws

Post by n8iws »

You must have a Huskvarna machine, We are looking for a Tajima or a Brother, leaning more towards the Tajima. There are more of those out there.

Dale
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

n8iws wrote:You must have a Huskvarna machine, We are looking for a Tajima or a Brother, leaning more towards the Tajima. There are more of those out there.
I wish she bought the Husky. She bought a Baby-Lock. It woks OK it has a very small display screen and limited built in fonts and designs but it accepts the output from the Masterworks program opening up the possibilities. We need to double up the backing or this will sew too tight and end up puckering the embroidered area. we received a free class on how to use it when we bought the machine and worked with the instructor on reducing the puckering and all we could do is increase the backing stiffness. this makes the embroidered area stiff like a sewn on patch.
The image I was working on is for a kitchen towel, I think I am going to get rid of the "Happy new year" and change the colors a little. We can then give these out to family this year.

I feel a bit strange discussing embroidery.
:oops:
Mike

n8iws

Post by n8iws »

Sounds like the tension is set too tight, always causes puckering. We used a light backing on everything done. Just asked Cheryl, tensions are too tight.

Dale
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

n8iws wrote:Sounds like the tension is set too tight, always causes puckering. We used a light backing on everything done. Just asked Cheryl, tensions are too tight.
Your right Dale, but the folks we bought it from did not know how to reduce the tension. I have a setting for tension but it obviously does not go low enough. I like to use the water soluble backing, after a wash it is gone.
I found some Xmas lace ornaments that are sewn on water soluble backing and once it is rinsed just the thread remains, like it was crochet. The sleigh I have in the image is actually a free standing lace ornament if it was sewn on just two layers of water soluble backing.
Mike

n8iws

Post by n8iws »

Wow, did you send an email to the company? Cheryl called her sister about her Husky, she never uses it and is moving to Tennessee, we might end up with it. What I don't like about it is single thread and it uses only their software. She always complained about the cost of the program. Does real nice work but it's so slow.

Dale