The Magic of the hole

Hope to see you tomorrow
JUST what is this about again :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:twisted: :metz: :twisted:
My assistant :tard: posted this last night and there were a few typo's
It should have read
Symposium on the virtues of the starter knob
The Magic of the token overflow hole

Why Metz', you weren't thinking of something else were you? :laughing5: :happy6: :laughing8:

Yes Lou,I'm always angling for more MB.
"Consideration of the Volume Control Conundrum" supposed to be scheduled at 10:15 to 11:00, followed by "New Poses for Random Images" until 11:45? Or did the event scheduler say "Canceled!---We need more time to play for the Token Cup!"?
I'm hoping these events can be rescheduled. We had a unfortunate incident when one of the new employee's decided to open all the machine doors and turn on the hopper dump buttons.. You should have seen all the people diving for cover
The Forest the future site of North America's largest Pachislo Museum
http://www.pachislodb.com/index.php?ind ... lor=Forest
METZ

Post by METZ »

heheheheheh funny!!
ImageImageImage
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

Too funny first thing in the morning! (damn~spilled my coffee)
"If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
www.TheRobinNest.com
Pachiso, Poker and all your gameroom needs
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Spill is usually better than spit. Spills can be wiped up. When you spit you need to clean the monitor and those LCD screens are harder to clean that the old display monitors.

I am hopeing to be on my way within the hour. I am currently waiting for my car to be serviced. Oil change and state inspection. Shouldn't be too long.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
LOU

Post by LOU »

I can only somewhat imagine hailing tokens from several machines. There is enough panic when one does it.
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

True true..... Luckily no where near the laptop...... or spit would have been the better of the two options! :)
"If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
www.TheRobinNest.com
LOU

Post by LOU »

Well we need an update. How did the convention go? Get all the tokens rounded up? Is Chris coming back with 8 legs? Who got the Token Cup?
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

Considering how many machines are in the Forest, Lou they are probalby still rounding them all up!
www.TheRobinNest.com
LOU

Post by LOU »

indiansumr1 wrote:Considering how many machines are in the Forest, Lou they are probalby still rounding them all up!
Good exercise for them!
I'm still jealous though.
Forest
Curator
Curator
United States of America

Post by Forest »

So how unusual is it to have a friend show up and know more about your parlor then you do :shock:
Our Admin is that good!(look for my upcoming post on new coin mech designs)
After a quick tour,
We played and talked pachi, never enough time
I was able hear a little D/B history and plans for the future.
The pinball legs will make a nice pachi stand.
I'm hoping to have him back sooner then later (great seeing you again).

Wish I could have all all my D/B friends over for a pachi party.

Life is good
METZ

Post by METZ »

Forest wrote:So how unusual is it to have a friend show up and know more about your parlor then you do :shock:
Our Admin is that good!(look for my upcoming post on new coin mech designs)
After a quick tour,
We played and talked pachi, never enough time
I was able hear a little D/B history and plans for the future.
The pinball legs will make a nice pachi stand.
I'm hoping to have him back sooner then later (great seeing you again).

Wish I could have all all my D/B friends over for a pachi party.

Life is good
sounds like a good time
ImageImageImage
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

After the haunted Tropicana attacked me at Metz's place I know how panic reflex kicks in when a machine spits tokes at you with the door open.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
METZ

Post by METZ »

Gman wrote:After the haunted Tropicana attacked me at Metz's place I know how panic reflex kicks in when a machine spits tokes at you with the door open.
hehe that was funny
did you see the new videos of that machine yet G?
ImageImageImage
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Well the NDA I needed to sign has expired so I now may talk about my visit to "The Museum". The day before my trip bestowed us with a nice little amount of snow. As I drove south toward "The Museum" :farao: I found that they had gotten approximately 18 inches of the lovely white stuff. When I arrived in the area I made my way through a very nice neighborhood to arrive at "The Museum". I was ushered :ogre: in through a side door away from the general population (whom were already lining up) for a private viewing of all the machines currently on display. I was then greeted by the owner (our very own Forest). After our initial greeting I needed to be approved by Chewy :grommit: (or is it Chewie, he was not wearing his name tag at the time).We seemed to hit it off right away I was allowed to proceed. To the right of main entrance was a small area where they had set up a few machines to show the contrasts of what the advancement in technology has brought to the pachislo/pachinko world. The machines on display were Aliens, Devil May Cry & a vintage pachinko. I was able to play the vintage pachinko for a few minutes before being ushered to the next room. Forest wanted to be sure that I was able to see all the the Museum before the main doors opened to the public.
I was then led through the main lobby through a pachi-less room filled with toys :duckie: :bunny: . Forest informed me had plans to expand the museum once the current owners of the pachi-less rooms lease ran out. Once we entered the main area of the parlor ahead I spotted a Balboa & Bruce Lee 2007. Forest informed me that he had set up the machine to give me a taste of all different manufacturers. To the right of Bruce he had set up Austin Powers, Shake II, Dynamite Man & Marvel Heros. I was able to give each machine a few spins. Not nearly enough but I understood we were pressed for time.
I was then led to the left of Bruce and saw proudly on display a pair of Spin Luck machines. As I currently own a Spin Luck I did not play them but did pause to admire that he had two of these long sought after machines. Continuing on I did find that he had a more modern Pachinko machines in the back. The title was Elvis. I had only see one before this time and had never had a chance to play it. He powered it on and the machine was very nice. A huge LCD screen took up most of the play field. I was able to throw a few balls through the machine and even hit a reach (I think that is what it was called) and wondered what people saw in these machine. Because of the LCD screen taking up most of the play field there was very little space for the balls to flow. Even though I prefer the technologically advanced new pachislos over the older ones my attraction was the exact opposite for pachinkos. The older ones see much more fun to play. I did take a look at the back of the machine to see how I could hook a PachiSTAT up to it and summarized that probably some of the unused outputs on the dongle would probably be used to track balls-in and balls-out
Since we had time left I was able to return to the some of the other machines and throw a handful of tokens in. In fact I was able to play all the machines currently on display. I even helped to identified something about the over flow logic on devil-man that was previously unknown by the curator.
Forest and I were able to talk about how things had changed in the pachi-world and just discuss all aspects of our hobby.
When our visit had come to an end I was informed that currently in the works for the new year was a retro-themed pachislo exhibit. I am going to have to make it back down there after the new year.

And YES, I did get the pinball legs too ;)
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

Very cool! That was a great peice of narrative! Have you ever thought of writing a book! :wink:
www.TheRobinNest.com
METZ

Post by METZ »

real nice story
sounds like a great time!
how is the bruce lee? I just love the pachinko :wink:
ImageImageImage
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Unfortunately I did not have enough time to play each machine to get a real feel for how it played. I did see that Shake II has more to offer than I had imagined.
METZ

Post by METZ »

SHAKE II is very very cool
I should play it more
the type 5's are DEEP
in game play it seems
ImageImageImage
Forest
Curator
Curator
United States of America

Post by Forest »

The narrative was extremely kind.
I considered myself fortunate to have a Pachi master at the Forest.
(both friend and teacher)

Communication has a different flow when you can just talk about stuff minus the keyboard.

Each of you makes the whole pachi experience that much better. I rely on d/b members for help and comradely.

Bruce Lee is a unique and a fun machine to play. Only one other model employs the same lighting system which dominates the game. Huge reels help with eye shooting and powerful sounds provides excitement. Multiple photo's of Bruce, animated fight scenes and a steady supply of actual Karate forms keeps the replay value high.

Shake 2 all English writing and songs as well as constant screen action makes this one fun machine. 10 big bonus sequences and one Shake bonus provides a lot of variety. The 3D stage effect is like no other.
Here a pic of Shake' video box.

I told Chris next time I'm hiding his coat :wink: