Pinballs for sale

Discussion of the other round ball phenomenon

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

LOU

Pinballs for sale

Post by LOU »

I have a chance to buy a Triple Action (EM) single player by Williams for $299 I think. A friend has a Tri Zone (SS) four player by Williams (price ?). I have not seen/played either machine. Does anyone have any advice regarding either one?
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

i have never seen those before.
I have one Em and I like it. Your looking at a single player machine. multiplayer machines are slightly more fun because it allows you to compete against someone. if you always play alone it would not matter .
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2648&picno=2511
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Forest
Curator
Curator
United States of America

Post by Forest »

What game is that :?: the middle eastern three stooges.

I'm been looking for a pin but would like a four player like G said 8)
The Forest the future site of North America's largest Pachislo Museum
http://www.pachislodb.com/index.php?ind ... lor=Forest
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

What game is that the middle eastern three stooges.

OMG :rofl:

That was too funny!
"If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
www.TheRobinNest.com
Pachiso, Poker and all your gameroom needs
LOU

Post by LOU »

Forest wrote:What game is that :?: the middle eastern three stooges.
There's gotta be a way to block this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually that was a very good funny--something like what I would have done. :salut:
LOU

Post by LOU »

Update.
The Tri Zone has been gone through & is in very good shape. It's solid state. Plays nicely. Price $525 plus two 6-packs to deliver.
The Triple Action was not worth buying.
An electro-mechanical called Aztec has come available for $300. No delivery beer. Supposed to be in decent shape. I get to go see & play it Tuesday evening. It is one of the last EMs, therefore has most of the latest features before SS. Both are Williams, have very similar playfields, and are 'Fun Rated' closely. Each is owned by a local pinball club member. If curious, check ipdb.org.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

When I was a youngster I remember my local pinball establishment getting Aztec. Compared to all the other older machines it was so much brighter and lit up. The other one that really comes to mind that was lit up like this was Mata Hari. Aztec was a fun machine to play. $300 is a good price. I would probably jump at a pinball machine with a digital display for $300...as long as it is in good condition.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

The Aztec looks like a good game and at that price you can re-sell it and not lose if you find another.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
awhittle

Buying Pinball

Post by awhittle »

You guys are treading into deep water now!
I've collected, repaired, moved and cussed games for years now.
Some quick notes:
Solid state games started about 1978. The manufacturers were still learning about solid state technology, the chips were expensive and limited, and no one knew what would happen 32 years later. Needless to say we have 32 years of experience with leaking batteries, static electricity damaged ram, dry electrolytics, and connectors that aren't very solid.
On the plus side EVERYTHING is being reproduced and improved nowadays so replacement parts are or will be available. Not necessarily cheaply but available.

So what to buy and how much? I use the analogy of old cars. There's a different answer for everybody. Do you like the theme and the way it plays? Does your significant other mind the noise? The artwork?
Multi player games are better in theory than practice and Electromechanical games get way heavier as the player count goes up.
If you are just getting started stick with the EM's. If you know a "pinball guy" use his knowledge to help you find a decent game.

Go to pinball shows to get a feel for the type of game you like. Don't ever ever get a can of WD-40 near a pinball machine! Really. You CAN start a fire. Don't buy a game as an "investment" Buy it to enjoy.
If you think it's costly to ship a Pachislo talk to someone about a Pinball machine!!