Bally 1988 Escape from the lost world

For discussion of Solid State Pinball machines

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Stinger357

Bally 1988 Escape from the lost world

Post by Stinger357 »

I just purchased this one..my second. It seems to have alot of features compared to Party Animal. I will post some video's and SS of it. When I get it I will review it here.

Video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4jIX9VeFXE
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

Interesting cabinet on that one.
let us know how it plays.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Stinger357

Post by Stinger357 »

Well I am supposed to get it Sunday so I should be able to review it then. But yes the cabinet is a little deeper then it is long. Which is good it will fit right into the spot I have for it. I played it a little at the guys house, and yes it is very fun to play. The gold bridge is really a challenge to get across with the upper left flipper. Once you get the ball across you then have to shoot it into the Escape Hatch in the back of the playfield, another huge challenge!!! So this one should keep me on my toes and not bored too quickly. It also has an instant multiball mode which I must say is very fast and frantic!!!! But loads of fun!
Stinger357

Post by Stinger357 »

Well I got it!!! OMG better then I imagined. Instant multiball at random times that keeps you on your toes. Also lifting the back 7 degrees helped the gameplay alot. It was set too low. I changed it to 5 balls and freeplay. The german Bally Wulf chips will be replaced with English ones in a few days. The sound is perfect, and the playfield is easily a 8 out of 10. I also ordered some Novus so I can clean the 2 I have myself. I saw this machine at our local pinball place for 1750, and I payed 600. So I think I got a great deal on it.

The gameplay is definately a 8.5 out of 10 compared to Party Animal which is a botu a 6 out of 10, but still fun. All bulbs are working. Cabinet is in GREAT shape easily a 9 out of 10. I fiddled with the coin mech and scored 5 quarters and 2 dimes jammed in there. Now I must wait for the wife to get back from her trip and explain these 2 to her. Not a fun time. But hopefully my daughter will love to play the pinballs. Well more when I get to play it some more. But it is definately worth the money!
outdoorenth

Post by outdoorenth »

Stinger357 wrote:Well I got it!!! OMG better then I imagined.

Now I must wait for the wife to get back from her trip and explain these 2 to her. Not a fun time.
Congratulations! Looks like a fun game and sounds like it from what you've shared...just buy your wife a toy(s) of her own and she'll be fine. :wink:
www.BlueHotaru.com
Great prices on all pachislo and pachinko machines and accessories.
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

A re-import, well at least the German market keeps the pins in good shape. I bought a Finnish re-import and it was in great condition.
New games are always a blast, even better when they work right away. I had to fix my first few to play them, also a fun and rewarding experience.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image