Shrek on location

For discussion of Solid State Pinball machines

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Gman
United States of America

Shrek on location

Post by Gman »

It is a brand new Stern title placed in a movie theater arcade. Celebration cinema North. Grand Rapids MI. The Mrs and I spent a rainy afternoon at the movies and stopped in the arcade expecting to play a somewhat broken Pirates Of the Carribean but a new SHRECK was in there instead. New game played perfect, it is laid out the same as the Family guy, mini-playfield and all. But in my opinion a much better game. We liked the shrek theme better than Ball chinned family guy. I earned a few replays and extra balls, we had several multiballs and played the crap outa the mini playfield several times.
I accidently unplugged the screaming zombie game next to it and it was very enjoyable. ;) The tokens used in the arcade are the same as pachislo, but at a quarter apiece I only bought what I needed. The game is set tight, the outlanes are wide open, and $.75 a game is steep, we still managed to have a great time with it.
Image Image
Last edited by Gman on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

.75 is a bit steep...especially when the machine gets a little old. The part that I hate about pinball is when you plug your money into it and find out that one of the flippers is weak and you can even hit it up to the top of the machine.

What is the tournament option for $1.50?
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

This is the first $.75 machine I found. The rest only take 2 tokens.
The odds are good a brand new machine will play fine few people really play pinball anymore. I have played or tried to play a WCS (world cup soccer) in Grandville cinema but a ball was stuck in a bumper and the upkicker was so weak it took 3 or more tries to launch the ball back into play. The flippers were powerful, a few drop targets were snapped right off.
An arcade with bumper cars here called Craigs cruisers had a Harley Davidson machine that was beat. I had to tilt it twice to get my ball unstuck from dead spots. The raising ramp was bent and didn't open and close all the way and would catch the ball. Junk. I did get my credits back though from the attendant.
Mike

Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

i went back and played this machine while waiting for Avatar to begin. A friend and I played a few games. The donkey mini-playfield was broken already! I should have played a few mini-games but it just sat there, bummer. No donkey ball anymore.
Mike

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

When I was younger I used to mainly play pinball at my local bowling alley. They knew me (I played a real lot) and if there was something wrong on a machine I could tell them and they would fix it right away. I can't tell you how many times I would find a machine at another location that had a weak flipper or a target wouldn't reset or something else was broken. It would completely ruin the gameplay and no one cared. When I would find these machines in large gaming establishments I would turn them off. It would save someone their hard earner quarter (we were poorer back then)...at least for a little while until some stooge came along and turned it back on.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
METZ

Post by METZ »

I hear ya chris
I put money in an Adams family and it was broke
what a waste of money :cry:
ImageImageImage
Crazy Climber

Post by Crazy Climber »

I have never played Shreck but I have played quite a few games of Family Guy. I wasn't crazy about FG at first but it's starting to grow on me. I have never seen a Shreck in this area (MN)
Atari 2600 fan!
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

Crazy Climber wrote:I have never played Shreck but I have played quite a few games of Family Guy. I wasn't crazy about FG at first but it's starting to grow on me. I have never seen a Shreck in this area (MN)
The layout to FG and Shrek are pretty much the same, with similar rules. I liked the Family guy also, I like the quote from the drunken Clam shot
"the softest floors in Quohog" classic :lol:
One pinhead refused to like the FG, he said 'no way I'm gonna spend that much money on a machine where the main guy has balls on his chin." :shock: I assume he meant golf balls ;)
Mike