Williams Flash stuck on "Tilt"

For discussion of Solid State Pinball machines

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Magicland
United States of America

Williams Flash stuck on "Tilt"

Post by Magicland »

Saw this for sale, I can get it for $300. Do the solid state machines have tilt sensors which can get stuck? I've also heard of caps in the tilt sensors going bad, but know nothing about them. If that's the case, can they just be disabled to get the machine playing until a replacement can be found?
Forest
Curator
Curator
United States of America

Post by Forest »

My buddy has DataEast MNFootball and both tilt sensors have been unplugged.
Though I'm not really the one to talk to.
The Tilt error could be one of a few problems. Just the one which is being displayed.
If you go to look, watch close when you power it up. It should go through a self diagnostic and show a series of settings and codes.
Worth a look. :cyclopsani:
The Forest the future site of North America's largest Pachislo Museum
http://www.pachislodb.com/index.php?ind ... lor=Forest
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

Heard back from the guy. Apparently the machine is down by Atlantic City (despite being advertised in the Central Jersey craigslist), it's a bit far for me to just take a look at a non-working machine. I'd have no problems going down there if the machine worked, or checking it out if it was closer, but it's a bit of a haul there and back just for a look. Funny, I just saw a working one of these today at the museum...
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

Found out he's got it on ebay, and he's also willing to bring it to about 15 miles from me, but it also sounds like there's more wrong with it than just being stuck in tilt. The ebay listing says that it won't boot and that the displays went dead. Anyone have any idea if it's worth $300 in that condition? I can get a replacement controller board for it for about $150 if it turns out that's the issue...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT