NET Seven vs Dollars in SE Penn

Archive of for sale section

Moderator: Moderators

Jughead

NET Seven vs Dollars in SE Penn

Post by Jughead »

Any thoughts on value for the above in VGC? My last attempt at a longer post w/ pic failed so this is also a test. If this goes though I'll elaborate a bit.
Jughead

Seven vs Dollars Type A

Post by Jughead »

OK so that post went on....
A great resource and forum you have here, less than 2 weeks ago I had never heard of Pachislo.
I saved this vgc machine and was able to reset and get it running after I noticed the 3pin spin cable was missing from the spin lever so borrowed same from just to the left and it fired right up. So I still need another cable of course. Other cables were also unplugged and I'm thinking someone (Mom?) didn't like the noise.
It seems to work fine minus features from missing cable. Also needs a few bulbs and looking for battery locations to replace.
I have an ad w/ pics on CL Phila but price may be high.
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2721168124
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

VGC? Found your ad here http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/vgm/2721168124.html

Price is a little high but quite in line for what other people are listing their machine for in your area...not sure they are selling at that price though.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
LOU

Post by LOU »

http://www.pachislodb.com/db-SEVEN+VS+DOLLARS.html
I think Chris is being diplomatic.
Value to me, as is, local pickup, with some tokens, $100 max. And prices in my area tend to be listed high on CraigsList--but they don't seem to be selling.
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Jughead

Post by Jughead »

As mentioned an awesome Pachislo resource here though I hate to link with my CL ad because of differences in valuation. In short there's sub-wholesale value, wholesale, and sub-retail akin to dealing with antiques which I've done many years semi-pro.
I'm somewhat dismayed many posters value these machines as low as a DVR player with a fraction of the complexity. Of note this machine is rated here #30 of 1700 on this forum. So that's taken into account.
VGC? Yeah it is, sort of like a Honda that has a couple of quirks but is in overall great shape, ie VGC.
I'll revise the CL ad to drop the quarter to token conversion per advice here and a couple of others. A place close to me in King of Prussia that sells them might share the minor parts I need http://www.slotmachinesforsale.com/?view=featured_items
or I'll get them online.
Thanks much, awesome site here.
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

Welcome to the site,
Asking someone their thoughts about a price of a machine after you already decided on a price to sell it at, You might not like the answer you get.
I think Lou summed it up pretty good. Its worth about $100 at best.
Just my thoughts :dontknow:
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
Jughead

Post by Jughead »

That was a bit vague of a price response. Are you thinking wholesale?
This machine is rated number 30 best out of 1700, and you're not providing any context.
Btw when you're selling something it's good to have a price to start with, but your estimate of $100 to start is far from it's value.
yamaminjus
United States of America

Post by yamaminjus »

First off the reasons why we value older machines at lower prices

1. newer machines are far more entertaining with bonus features like extra reels, LED displays, LCD video screens or overlays.

2. a dealer can have a newly refurbished machine shipped to your door for $250-$300. that includes 500 tokens, and a 1 year warranty (parts are not exactly easy to find either)

When you say the machine was rated 30th of 1700, that is not exactly true.
only a small fraction of the 1700 machines were rated by users. and it may have been a great machine when it first came out, but newer machines are now far superior. also there are many people who rate a machine high but have nothing to compare it with.
http://www.pachislodb.com/topRated.html
when looking at this list, there are at least 20 machines that have no business being on there.

prices vary depending on location but we generally say that a used machine in good condition with 500 tokens is worth around $100. maybe a little more if it is newer, has nice bonus features, or more tokens.

depreciation is pretty steep on these machines. there are only a select few that will hold or gain in value.
http://www.youtube.com/yamaminjus
Download Arraking's Repair Guide. the best Pachislo guide ever made.
ArraKing's Repair Guide! Click Here!
yamaminjus
United States of America

Post by yamaminjus »

Looking at the craigslist ads in your area most are way overpriced.

$275 for taco slot
$475 for juggler
$200 for Hanabi
$335 for sinbad or thunderbirds
$225 for king pulsar
$300 for fire drift
$325 for azteca
$300 for beatles "custom"
$350 for giant pulsar

out of these, only sinbad, T-birds, and giant pulsar are worth more than $100.
LOU

Post by LOU »

We're not saying that you can't get more than $100 for your machine but the chances are slimmer since it is now a rather old machine feature-wise. We are also assuming private party to private party realistic second hand & retail selling price. It depends too if the potential buyer is an unaware first-time purchaser, or someone who really wants that particular machine for their collection. For example I paid (cash & trade) the equivalent of about $180 for a 2001 Ghost Rush, but I really wanted it (and didn't want my trade item).
If you wish to look at some machines & prices go to bluehotaru.com, then come back to the machine database to look at features. There are other factors that make a machine more, or less, desirable but that's another discussion.
Of course you can always come down in price but you don't want it so high that it stops interest---but you knew that already.
BTW I'd go higher than $100 for an Azteca Legend Returns! :wink:
Jughead

Post by Jughead »

Thanks I've got the picture now and will drop it to $145 later today and see what happens, can always come down more. The high prices noted are what influenced mine. When I buy I'll be checking here first.
Frank A

Post by Frank A »

7 vs $ is somewhat rare in the market place. Nice machine, plays well. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $ 200.00 since they are hard to find. The asking price of $ 195.00 is about the going rate here in the North east. With 500 tokens and all keys it is worth $ 195.00.
LOU

Post by LOU »

http://www.therobinnest.com/nest/index. ... ts_id=2343
Aladdin Evolution was/is a popular & well-rated 2005 machine. It is attractive, has nice lighting, and has a video screen. It also lists for $300 at therobinnest, warranty, 500 tokens, and shipping (about $85) included. The bad thing is that it is presently sold out, as are many dealer machines (probably tsunami-related supply problems). I don't think there is much impact on the secondary market yet though. The point is that there are good-looking, -sounding, and more enjoyable machines available for not much more money. And look at the Type V machines! Even better yet in my opinion for the reasons we buy them.
► Show Spoiler
yamaminjus
United States of America

Post by yamaminjus »

I didnt even realize the nest was back in business

And i see a Bio hazard for Sale too!
Jughead

Post by Jughead »

I'll probably let it ride at or near $195 for a week and when you consider my overhead involved in procurement and Frank's post I'm barely breaking even :D :

* Stop car and back up $25
* Exit car and loading $25
* Bring in house $25
* Argue with wife over "IT HAS BEDBUGS!!" $100
The other machine with it I also grabbed, a Neo Geo MVS video game I'll post separate.
LOU

Post by LOU »

Jughead wrote: * Argue with wife over "IT HAS BEDBUGS!!" $100
Good thing she didn't see the spider under the hopper :!: :D
Jughead

Post by Jughead »

How'd you know about the spider? It's stealing tokens and built a fort under the reset key slot. I hope no one hits the jackpot