Reconnecting Trademark LCD screen tutorial

Tips on How to do certain things to your machines

Moderator: Moderators

Magicland
United States of America

Reconnecting Trademark LCD screen tutorial

Post by Magicland »

It seems that Trademark Poker is simply disconnecting the LCD screens in several of their "rebranded" machines. The following should assist you in reconnecting them. Attempting any of this should be done entirely at your own risk. Please ensure that your machine is turned off and unplugged before starting.

1. Remove all connectors from the LCD screen, and unscrew the 5 screws (locations highlighted in red) which attach the screen to the pachislo.
In this picture, the connectors have not yet been removed. It might help you to tag each connector and make notes so you can remember where it goes. Generally each connector will only fit in one socket, but it depends on how good your memory is.

2. Remove any remaining connectors or cables between the plastic LCD housing and the LCD RF shielding, then remove the screws holding the plastic housing to the monitor and RF shielding. There MAY be 2 on each side (mine only had 2 for some reason).

At this point you may see a copperish colored connector sticking out from the RF shielding (or you may not, it may be tucked inside). This is what will need to be reconnected to make the LCD work.
Eight screws (2 on each corner) will need to be removed to open the RF shielding.

4. Open the RF shielding to access the small black printed circuit board which the LCD screen connects to

5. Remove the 4 screws from the black printed circuit board to access the connector for the LCD's ribbon cable.

6. Open the connector for the ribbon cable, and insert the cable completely (ensuring that you have the right side up, cable should lie flat when black PCB is reinstalled in machine, not twisted), then press down the small white flap to lock it in place. Replace the board and screw it back onto the LCD.

At this point, you can close the RF shielding, and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY remove the cheesy vinyl that Trademark has covered the LCD screen with. Try and remove all of the adhesive, but don't use anything harsh, coarse, abrasive or solvent based on the screen.

Continue reassembling LCD unit, replace in machine, and reconnect all connectors in the reverse order you disconnected them.

Turn on your machine, and hopefully your screen will spring to life.
outdoorenth

Post by outdoorenth »

EXCELLENT! This will be helpful for a lot of people. Thank you for sharing step by step instructions complete with images. :cheers:
www.BlueHotaru.com
Great prices on all pachislo and pachinko machines and accessories.
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

I should note that this is for Sammy Pachislos. I can't confirm that the Rodeo machines are the same, although the process is likely similar (now if someone would like to donate a Rodeo machine for experimentation...)
indiansumr1

Post by indiansumr1 »

I kinda figured from what I had seen and heard they were just disconnected! Now if they would just leave the original belly glass intact that would be cool!
"If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
www.TheRobinNest.com
Pachiso, Poker and all your gameroom needs
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

Tell me about it! Maybe stick it inside behind the hopper...

Sadly, I bet they just toss them all in the dumpster. Wish the dumpster was closer to my house, I'd be willing to do a bit of diving for Pachi parts...
drau

Spiderman 2 Pachi

Post by drau »

Very helpful guide. I have a pachi machine refurbished from the same company. I was able to take it apart, reconnect the screen, and put it back together. However, the video is not coming up. The screen does light up, but it's all white. Any thoughts on if my screen is broken or is there something I can do to get the video to play? Thanks!Image
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

Not sure off the top of my head, but I'd check that the LCD ribbon connector is inserted completely, with the correct side up, so that all the contacts are engaged correctly. Also double check that all other wires were reconnected. I think that the screen lights up white even when unconnected (it looked like the edges were lit when covered by the vinyl graphic).
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

I think the LCD screen is fine. It sounds like the video card is not powered up. I had the same issue with a beast sapp years ago the screen was white. The video card was bad and when I replaced that all was fine.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
LOU

Post by LOU »

Now drau needs to know where to get a video card..........lompoker (when he gets back)?
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Lompoker wont have anything that new. The video card might not be bad...just unplugged.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
LOU

Post by LOU »

I stand (sit) enlightened. Hope to hear from drau that he was able to do a simple fix!
To play or not to play, that is the question.
drau

Video Card

Post by drau »

Thanks for your replies! I've taken the screen apart but not sure which is the video card. I tried to check all connections and they seem fine, but I may be looking in the wrong spot. Can anyone guid eme to the right place? Thanks!
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

It all depends on what your machine used to be. My guess is that the video card should be above the lcd screen. In Magicland's first picture it is encased in clear plastic and has red on it. Make sure it has all of it's cabled attached...it is also probably the sound board as well.
drau

video card

Post by drau »

Thanks! I checked the connections in the video card and they all seem snug. I took a video of startup (sorry it's sideways...)...the screen is very light blue with some lines accross it on startup and then it all fades to white...I wonder if I need a new video card?
drau

sideo startup

Post by drau »

oh, I guess it was too big of a video to attach...does it sound like I need a new video card? If so, any idea on where I can get one? Thanks again for all of your help :)
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

You would first need to know what the original machine was. It may be hard to find the video card. If there us a ribbon cable make sure that it doesn't have wires broken on the inside.
TikiTim

Post by TikiTim »

Up the vid to youtube, brada. :wink:
Did you have sound before you tried the reconnection process?
...& this was a Spidey2, am I right?
Magicland
United States of America

Post by Magicland »

Those are definitely Spidey's reels.
drau

video card

Post by drau »

I uploaded the video to youtube (Good suggestion)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjDKNXWKKa4 My machine looks the same as the machine at the top of this thread and is a spiderman 2. There is a small ribbon cable underneath the video card. I'll check to see if there is some damage to it....
drau

video card

Post by drau »

Ah, and yes I've had sound the whole time (VERY LOUD SOUND! :) ) ...if you can see in the video some lines show up when the machine is turned on but disappear after about 20 seconds and the whole screen ends up white.