Stop board compilation

Moderator: Moderators

Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Stop board compilation

Post by Arraking »

This information is from other post's from Ken Layton, and teqkng. I thought it would be better understood in one area.
If you have PERTINENT information to add to this post please do, otherwise please don't.

teqkng wrote:

Odd that stop board only has 4 relays... Mine has 5. I also noted that what I think is the Jackpot/Payout control on your example is 6 pin while mine is 8. Do we have 2 types of old stop boards and we never realized it?

I did not lay it out but the rows of 3 components pictured opposite the fuse seem to be tied to the individual reels and buttons and operate from one of the ICs I cannot find a path from what I believe controls the reels to the relays, I am now of the opinion that the relays control the Jackpot modes. I will need to experiment to find out.

Ken Layton, added:

On the AC1293aP2 Stop Boards:

I will explain the functions I see on this board judging by the pictures submitted.

Connectors CN1 & CN4, integrated circuits IC1 & IC2, and the circuitry on that side of the board all work together. CN1 is the input to IC1. IC1 feeds it's output to the input of IC2. IC2 then sends it's output to connector CN4.

Connectors CN2 and CN5 are straight pass-through only.

Connectors CN3 & CN6 and the relays are relay control portion of the board. CN3 is the input to the relay coils. CN6 is the output from the normally open side of the relay contacts. Here is the pinouts of CN3 and CN6:

CN3 (relay inputs):
Pin 1: Relay RLY1 coil input (anode side of the diode D4)
Pin 2: Relay RLY2 coil input (anode side of the diode D5)
Pin 3: Relay RLY3 coil input (anode side of the diode D6)
Pin 4: Relay RLY4 coil input (anode side of the diode D7)
Pin 5: No connection
Pin 6: Ground

CN6 (relay outputs):
Pin 1: From relay RLY1 normally open terminal
Pin 2: From relay RLY2 normally open terminal
Pin 3: From relay RLY3 normally open terminal
Pin 4: From relay RLY4 normally open terminal
Pin 5: No connection
Pin 6: Common to all relay common switches

Connector CN7 and the circuitry at the very far left are the power supply section for this board. Power input comes in on CN7. There is +12 volts for the relay coils generated on this board and regulated +5 volts for the integrated circuits.

Here is what I have found for the components on the "AC1293aP2" stop board.
C10, C12, C13: 1 uf @ 35 volt dipped tantalum capacitor, Radio Shack # 272-1434 (sells for $1.99 each)

IC2: M53207P = 7407 or NTE 7407 Hex Buffer/Driver with open collector HV outputs

IC1: UPC339C = LM339N or NTE 834 Quad Comparator, Radio Shack # 276-1712 (sells for $2.49 each)

C1, C2, C3: marked 104k is really .1 uf @ 100 volts mylar with radial leads

D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, D9: 1N4004 diode

REG: TA78L005AP = NTE 977 +5V regulator @ 100 ma

C9: 470 uf @ 35 volts with axial leads (main filter capacitor for this board), Radio Shack # 272-1018 (sells for $1.49)

From what I have found on the relays, Omron has changed their part numbering system a bit over the years. Here is what they come out to today.

Old Omron # G6E-134P-12VDC
New Omron # G6E-134P-ST-US-DC12
Mouser Electronics # 653-G6E-134P-DC12 (sells for $4.17 each)

Old Omron # G6E-134P-24VDC
New Omron # G6E-134P-ST-US-DC24
Mouser Electronics # 653-G6E-134P-DC24 (sells for $4.91 each)

The above relays are S.P.D.T. with contacts rated at 3 amps. The Omron "G6E" series do not cross reference to any replacements so you must use Omron brand relays.

On the AC1542aP3 board where capacitor C10 is a 1 uf @ 50 volt dipped tantalum, use this one from Mouser Electronics:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vis ... 050B1V1E3/ ?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtZ1n0r9vR22R37xUugJl7tvzGrUG2DPJ8%3d

For other instances where you need a 1 uf @ 35 volt dipped tantalum, use this one from Mouser Electronics:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vis ... 035A1V1/?q s=sGAEpiMZZMtZ1n0r9vR22VhK3copUdmcxS2rcy0keis%3d
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

Photo by wayne;

teqkng wrote;

The 2 black boxes next to the blue ones are also relays, in older models they used the larger ones exclusively. dont forget to tap those, a stuck relay on the stop board would seem to be the only logical way I can think of to electronically "Short" 2 buttons together.

If you have a good tester you may be able to find out if this is the case by testing the Relay contacts on the back of the board. It may save you some headaches to just replace the relay.
Ken Layton
United States of America

Post by Ken Layton »

On the S1655aP1 stop boards, the small blue relays are these:

Fujitsu/Takamisawa # SY24WK (24vdc) S.P.D.T., contacts rated at 1 amp

That number crosses to these American replacements:

NTE # R70-5D1-24

Phillips/ECG # RLY5724

Relay functions:

RLY1: Token In meter

RLY2: Token out meter

RLY3: Regular bonus meter

RLY4: Big bonus meter

RLY5: CT bonus meter

RLY6: Remote bonus reset to cpu board

The circuitry around the two IC's and the IC's themselves are the reel stop controls. U1 (74HC14) is the 'preamp' so to speak which then drives U2 (TD62503P) which stops the reels.
Wayne-O
United States of America

Re: Stop board compilation

Post by Wayne-O »

Stopboard.jpg
Stopboard.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 16703 times
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
bossman2250
United States of America

Post by bossman2250 »

Great info THANKS!!! Found C9 blown which was causing the 1 amp fuse to blow. This is on a 1994 New Pulsar Big chance 777 machine. I ordered new cap and hope this will clear my E4 error code. Thanks again
slotwizzer
United States of America

Post by slotwizzer »

Guys,

I appriceate the respones, but my issue is fixed.

I was only trying to make the users with the same issue that there were privious post referencing
this issue.

When I posted that my issue was fixed, I even offered to send a couple of capacitors and fuses to who ever had the same issue.

Just trying to be a "good guy",

slotwizzer
brownienz
New Zealand

Post by brownienz »

Hey everyone first post here I have just recently got hold of a Mr magic machine that keeps blowing the 1amp fuse and I'm looking to try get a new board or get it fixed I'm in new Zealand and it's almost impossible to find parts for this old beast so would love a bit of guidance of what I could do to get it running everything else seems to work fine just can't stop the reels spinning and that since that fuse blows straight away 😔😔 . Any way thanks for any advice
brownienz
New Zealand

Post by brownienz »

slotwizzer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:59 pm Guys,

I appriceate the respones, but my issue is fixed.

I was only trying to make the users with the same issue that there were privious post referencing
this issue.

When I posted that my issue was fixed, I even offered to send a couple of capacitors and fuses to who ever had the same issue.

Just trying to be a "good guy",

slotwizzer
hey my brother I have a AC1293aP2 stop board that keeps blowing the 1a fuse on the left can plug everything in to the board except the cn7 cable that blows it straight away what's the chances you would still have some of them parts I would happily pay you for them and for the postage . Any way my friend have a great evening
slotwizzer
United States of America

Post by slotwizzer »

Hey,

I thouht I sent you a message about the capacitor and fuse, did I?
Send me a PN and I'll respond with my email and we'll get his done.
slotwizzer