Gamer Persistent E1 Error Code

Moderator: Moderators

slots4fun
United States of America

Gamer Persistent E1 Error Code

Post by slots4fun »

Hello Group!
I hope someone can help me with this annoying problem. I have a 2000 Rodeo Gamera (Blue Version) that has a persistent E1 error code.
When the game is first plugged in, the display shows E1. I reset the machine and it plays perfect, I get normal game play, hit bonuses and the hopper pays out no problem.
No problems with the coin mech, hopper or any game play. I can play the game all day without a glitch.
However, if I unplug the game and plug it back in I get the E1 error code. I'll do the standard reset procedure again and the game will play perfect until its unplugged.
This problem really has me stumped!
Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Michaelo
Canada

Re: Gamer Persistent E1 Error Code

Post by Michaelo »

I have a similar problem with Fever Queen. If the machine hasn't been turned on for a while, i get an E-8 error code when i do turn it on. But i simply turn the door key counterclockwise, and ta-da......it's re-set. Fever Queen's E-8 error code = HOPPER DISCONNECTED - check the HOPPER CABLE, but the hopper and cable are ok? So i just live with it.
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

An E1 error code means soft RAM error. The machine keeps it's memory by the use of a capacitor that holds a charge. If the capacitor no longer holds a charge, then the machine will give an E1 error, every time it is powered up.

Of course, the machine was really designed to be ON for 24/7 and keeping it's memory would only need to be something designed for a short term.
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
LOU

Post by LOU »

Same E-1 situation here with my Neo Pharaoh Zetz. It's easier for me to live with than chasing down/replacing the leaky capacitor.
To play or not to play, that is the question.