How to remove Reel Assembly and replace door lights

Moderator: Moderators

Boopoopadoop
United States of America

How to remove Reel Assembly and replace door lights

Post by Boopoopadoop »

My first Pachislo a used Panic Saurus with some burned out bulbs.

I have already figured out how to replace the screw in type burned out bulbs and ordered but I have a couple burned out behind the reel. How do I remove this type of reel assembly? It does not have the quick release tabs to remove the individual reels. Cannot find a video online with this style. See Pic.

The top graphic light is burned out on the door. (see pic). It is inside the silver box (see pic) and on the bottom looks like it has three tabs but they do nothing to remove it. It has a board screwed in around the top and sides. How do remove this silver box? I do not see a fluorescent bulb through a few openings and looks like it could have an LED light strip? I have traced the wires coming out of the box to the plug and it is pushed in and seems ok.

The prior owner did not take good care of the machines box. Is the case made out of MDF and if so, can it be repainted with a flat black or a caulk black paint without warping it?

Lastly, like many other used machines I see people have removed the door lock mechanism. :roll: I just have a hole. It appears this game had the cylinder type lock along with a long rod that is about a foot long. Where can I purchase a used or new one? And if I do buy a replacement how does turning the key from the outside of the machine door supposedly reset the game? How?

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_6402.jpg
IMG_6402.jpg (76.05 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
IMG_6401.jpg
IMG_6401.jpg (49.3 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
IMG_6400.jpg
IMG_6400.jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
Boopoopadoop
United States of America

Re: How to remove Reel Assembly and replace door lights

Post by Boopoopadoop »

I have since figured out how to get in the silver box to find another fluorescent light bulb. I still could use help on removing the reels to replace light bulbs.

Looking for the door lock mechanism with key. The rod is gold, 16 3/4" long. Anyone selling one?