Welcome to the new forums at PachisloDB.com!!

Get the latest information about pachisloDB here

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Welcome to the new forums at PachisloDB.com!!

Post by Chris »

Welcome Back!

This change has been a long time coming for many reasons. Mostly because the software we were running on was outdated and unsupported. I delayed the change for as long as possible mostly due the fact that I had to re-write a lot of the custom modules (database & parlors) to work on a new system. When I originally wrote the modules I wrote them based on a few assumtions. I found out that these assumtions were no longer true due to security concerns. I really liked how the old forums looked so I tried to mantain as much of the original look and tools I could without breaking everything. The current look may change slightly over time as I figure out how to do thing. The biggest and highest priority task was getting all the posts and user transferred correctly. As you will see below there are somethings that we lost in the process but is nothing that we couldn't live without due to the current usage of those features.

New Things:
  • Tapatalk (Improved access from smartphones visit tapatalk.com)
  • User customizable look and feel of the blocks
  • Editor has more effects and just makes life easier (search feature is awesome)
  • Two new moderators. Wayne-o and Yamaminus (Congratulate them!).
  • Topic reporting. Users can now flag a inappropriate post so moderators can see them
Things we Lost in the process:
  • Pachi Gallery
  • Industry Links
Things that didnt translate:
  • Country Flags...we have new ones but lost the old configs.
  • Thanks - new thanks system now ranks the usefulness of posts.
  • Unread posts reset...all posts are read when you connected to the forum the first time.
  • bbcode [align=*] has been changed so you need to edit your signatures if you are using it.
With change some will love it, some will hate it. It is going to take some getting used to but in the long run I think it will serve us better.

I tried to test everything I could think of but I am sure I missed a bunch. So if you find something that doesn't look right or is missing a picture let me know.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Ken Layton
United States of America

Re: Welcome to the new forums at PachisloDB.com!!

Post by Ken Layton »

Glad to see it back even if a few things got lost in the shuffle.

:)
teqkng
United States of America

Post by teqkng »

Convince G-man to polish the floors in the new Forum Lobby and things are all shiny and new...
ask and ye shall learn
sc000bber
United States of America

Post by sc000bber »

can someone explain why my tacoslot2 machine sometimes when putting quarters into it they probably miss 1 out of every ten do not go into the hopper they end up on the outside on the bottom of machine?
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

Welcome, but you posted your question in the wrong place.
It should go under technical help.