New easier chat system installed

Get the latest information about pachisloDB here

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

New easier chat system installed

Post by Chris »

I have installed a new chat module that will make chatting easier. I liked the features of the old chat but it had bugs where it would say someone is chatting when they had closed out hours earlier. To go along with this new chat I have made a change that will tell your browser to update it's online status more often so if you leave the forum pages open then it will show you as online. I hope this will encourage the exchange of information using the chat system as well as the forum.
When I first installed the new chat module it was displaying at the bottom of the forum index. I have moved it up to the top to see how it works up there.
I have plans to make additional changes to check for new messages when it does it's "online" status check so you won't have to refresh the pages to see when new messages are posted.

Chris
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
METZ

Post by METZ »

looks cool
scooby_doo_m2002

Post by scooby_doo_m2002 »

Looks darn nifty Chris, Thanks for all the hard work!!!!
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

I miss the dream of Gene theme song. Na I like the new way better, stick it to the top of all forums and your a winner. Browse chat..
scooby_doo_m2002

Would any one know what I need to download or change in my Windows XP? Since the awsome chat module was introduced, after being on the site for about 2-4mins. I can't go anywhere. my status bar will go 2-3bars and just stay there. So finally I have to totally close down IE and boot the program up again. Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have waited as long as 1 minute for the page to load with no success...

Also during this time frame I get an error message in the chat box also. something about "operation missing"

Since I am not all that fast of a typer due to my fingers having a mind of their own alot of times. I am typing what I want to say in a Word Processing program and then just doing the "copy and paste" thing.....
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

First download firefox...much better browser..less "bugs" to infest your system. or try turning off auto-detect proxy.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
scooby_doo_m2002

Chris,

THANK YOU!!!

Fire fox ROCKS!!!!! I really like how pachislodb shows up with it and doesn't take forever!!!! Might just have to tell IE to hit the road!!!!!!!!!!!!