Database: User Submissions

Get the latest information about pachisloDB here

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Database: User Submissions

Post by Chris »

As many of you already know I have been slipping on my database duties for a few years. I have not added any new machines to the database in quite a long time. In the new year I hope to be able to put more time into this but users should not have to wait for me to add a machine into the database.
For the last month or so I have been working on a new tool for the database to allow users to add a machine to the database. On the main database page you will find the following new text:

Don't see your machine in the database the CLICK HERE to add it.

Clicking on the link will bring you to a new page that will allow you add a new machine into the database. Add a new machine is not as simple as just adding the name. It does require a little a little work.
The new tool allows a user to upload pictures and add details about the machine that will be included with the new database entry.

You can save your progress as you go along so you don't need to have everything ready before you start. Once you have finished you will need to submit it for approval. Once a machine is submitted changes can not be made. If a machine is approved then it will become part of the database and you will be given credit for your database contribution. If a machine is rejected then you will be told why and given a chance to make changes and re-submit it.

While the feature is mostly complete people will most likely find issues or two with it as I test it one way but users may use it another. I will address those issue as they come up so please let me know if something isn't working for you. Please let me know the browser you are using as well as the version. During the initial phase if I find something really wrong with this I might shut down the tool until I can resolve the issue.

Things I know I still need to do:
  • Ability to delete a in-progress machine
  • Email notifications when a machine is submitted, approved or rejected.
  • Create a tutorial on how to use this new tool
Let me know what you think about this. I hope people find it useful and easy enough to use
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
LOU

Re: Database: User Submissions

Post by LOU »

With all the new machines Wayne-O keeps listing I can imagine you might need some help :!:
► Show Spoiler
To play or not to play, that is the question.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

The first user machine was added to the database today. http://www.pachislodb.com/db-BATMAN.html

Thanks Wayne-o
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

I see how easy it is for you to fall behind. :(

Takes awhile to completely research all the info and make it so it can be loaded.

Only took 2 days to do it. :roll: But now, I have a better idea of how to gather images and get them together, so the next ones should be easier. :thumbleft:
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Thanks to Wayne-o the 2014 machines have been entered. If you find any missing please feel free to enter them in. I plan on writing up a tutorial up in the next couple of weeks to help people who might want to enter a machine themselves.

Chris