Forum Upgrade Complete

Get the latest information about pachisloDB here

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Forum Upgrade Complete

Post by Chris »

I have completed the upgrade of the forum software.

All seems to be working fine. There are a bunch of cosmetic issues that I still need to address. If you find any broken links or other cosmetic issues then please post a reply here and I will address them as soon as possible.

The pachi-gallery seems to be functioning fine but is loaded with cosmetic issues so you dont need to tell me about those.

New features:

Social login. You can now authenticate to pachislodb using your Google, Microsoft, Yahoo or YouTube account. In order to enable it you need to link your Pachislodb account to your social login account in the User control panel. Click on this link to enable it: ucp.php?i=366

I will be enabling new features over the new weeks as I figure them out.

Let me know if you have any issues or notice anything I missed in the upgrade.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Re: Forum Upgrade Complete

Post by Arraking »

Why, when I change pages do I have to sign in again, and again.. Is it some sort of glitch?
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Seems like some sort of glitch. If you can provide me with some information I will work on getting this resolved.

What browser are you using, IE, Edge (win10), chrome, firefox?

There are several different ways to login.
  • Using the User Information block on the left,
  • Using the login menu item (just below the logo to the right)
  • Using the input boxes below the forum list
What method are you using? I personally use the login menu item.

If i were a betting man (oh thats right, I am) I would bet you are using the user information block as I think we lost the "remember me" functionality in the upgrade.

I will try to reproduce this to get this one resolved.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

IE with windows 10. I was revising a post, and when I wanted to click back to select the other post and paste a link it kept telling me I need to log in. Even when I opened a new window and went back to the other, it did the same thing.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

The only way I can see it happening is if cookies are being blocked. Check out your safety settings: (alt-x) Safety->web page privacy report to see if any cookies are being blocked.

You didn't answer my question about how do you login.
wurlitzer11
United States of America

Post by wurlitzer11 »

I cannot update my parlor. Using Firefox and Windows 10. This is the error I get while trying to manage my machines. Thanks, Greg

ERROR WINDOW SAYS THIS-

There was a problem with the request.<!DOCTYPE html><html dir="ltr"><head><meta charset="utf-8"><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"><title>General Error</title><style type="text/css">
/* <![CDATA[ */
* { margin: 0; padding: 0; } html { font-size: 100%; height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px; background-color: #E4EDF0; } body { font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #536482; background: #E4EDF0; font-size: 62.5%; margin: 0; } a:link, a:active, a:visited { color: #006699; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #DD6900; text-decoration: underline; } #wrap { padding: 0 20px 15px 20px; min-width: 615px; } #page-header { text-align: right; height: 40px; } #page-footer { clear: both; font-size: 1em; text-align: center; } .panel { margin: 4px 0; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: solid 1px #A9B8C2; } #errorpage #page-header a { font-weight: bold; line-height: 6em; } #errorpage #content { padding: 10px; } #errorpage #content h1 { line-height: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #DF075C; } #errorpage #content div { margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #333333; font: bold 1.2em "Lucida Grande", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; line-height: 120%; text-align: left; }
/* ]]> */
</style></head><body id="errorpage"><div id="wrap"> <div id="page-header"> <a href="./"> Return to the portal page</a> </div> <div id="acp"> <div class="panel"> <div id="content"> <h1>General Error</h1> <div>Illegal use of $_POST. You must use the request class to access input data. Found in /homepages/44/d141046997/htdocs/pdb/parlor.php on line 346. This error message was generated by deactivated_super_global.</div><p>Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: <a href="mailto:admin@pachislodb.com">admin@pachislodb.com</a></p> </div> </div> </div> <div id="page-footer"> Powered by <a href="https://www.phpbb.com/"><acronym title="The leading opensource forum software..."><acronym title="The leading opensource forum software...">phpBB</acronym></acronym></a>&reg; Forum Software &copy; <acronym title="The leading opensource forum software..."><acronym title="The leading opensource forum software...">phpBB</acronym></acronym> Limited </div></div></body></html>
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

I am working on the parlor issue. Thanks for letting me know.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

I think I got the Virtual Parlors working again. Please let me know if you have any issues.

While working on the virtual parlors I find it hard to read and work with. I am going to try and make it easier to read and use. First step will to at least make everything a little larger.
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

Chris wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:48 pm I think I got the Virtual Parlors working again. Please let me know if you have any issues.
I was getting the same error message, that wurlitzer11 was getting. :(

But, now it's working for me. :thumbright:
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
Wayne-O
United States of America

Post by Wayne-O »

I tried to enter the Machine Database and get this. :(
machine database.png
machine database.png (243.46 KiB) Viewed 63127 times
ImageThe Pachislo RepairGuide
Check it out for information on these machines.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

My Bad, database is back to normal :oops:
wurlitzer11
United States of America

Post by wurlitzer11 »

Beautiful job! Thank you Chris :)
Arraking
Gone, but not forgotten
United States of America

Post by Arraking »

In reply to your return, I'm not blocking cookies. I rechecked settings and everything is as it should be.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Arraking wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 pm In reply to your return, I'm not blocking cookies. I rechecked settings and everything is as it should be.
Just wanted to let you know I have not dropped this. I am sometimes seeing the same issue of having to log back in for no apparent reason. I am trying to figure out a pattern in order to be able to reproduce it reliably or at least somewhat reliable. Once I can do that I can work on a solution.
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

Just made a configuration change to try and alleviate this issue. Let me know if you are still having problems with being logged out.