TERMINATOR

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

TERMINATOR

Post by Chris »

I was a little shocked when I got my machine to find that the reels don't have back lights. After playing it for a short while I found the larger symbols are quite easy to hit. Since there is no back lighting they use multicolor front lighting to get some really cool effects. The use of the LED graphical display is nicely done and not over done. A combination of nice lighting and a decent Bonus round music make Terminator is fun machine to play. You'll love it when the Terminator laughs at you.
The only thing I have to complain about this machine is the design of the front glass. When you close the door it is possible to hit the front lighting bulb bracket. This can cause some scratches to the paint on the inside of the glass. I would suggest adding some sort of pad to prevent the metal from making contact with the glass/paint.

Initial Appearance: 9
Sounds/Music: 8
Overall Gameplay:8

"I'll be Back"
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
taellik

Post by taellik »

This machine was one that as any Terminator fan knows would be love at first sight. The machine is a 3-reel / LED type model. The graphic symbols are good-sized. The spin knob and stop reel buttons are not illuminated, however, each stop reel button has a light over it that goes out when the button is depressed to stop it's reel. The LED screen is used as an indicator to show the various symbols two at a time and one is put in crosshairs and terminated to show you the remaining symbol, cherry, watermelon, 7, etc. for the bonus attempt. Musically, the machine plays the techno-funk terminator pursuit theme during the bonus round. During inactivity, there are two Arnold sound-alike teasers spoken, "Hey Punk!" and "Do you want to play?"

As compared to current machine models, this one may be considered past its time, however, I feel it has longevity due to it's theme and familiarity. I recently hosted a slot party and everyone wanted a chance to take a shot at trying to "beat Arnold" by playing this machine. Just by it's very appearance it is a popular one to have in any collection.

Apperance : 9
Sound / Music : 8
Gameplay : 8

"Hasta la vista, baby!"

Surfing the net with Yellow Dog Linux on a PS3...die Windows, DIE !