WARD OF LIGHTS

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Devospeed

WARD OF LIGHTS

Post by Devospeed »

Ward of Lights at first glance looks like a common older model machine. after playing many rounds you find yourself wanting to play more. The reels are backlit and on certain odd reel icon configurations they light up various ways. This is a sign that something big is coming. The Challenge Time or Big Chance is also exciting to play. At the end the Big Chance you are able to go into another bonus if 1 of the 4 red LED's is stopped on by a green LED going across the row of 8 at the bottom of the reel glass. The art work or graphics on the machine are kind of odd and have a spell casting or witch look to them. The light show is pretty good and keeps you involved in the game play. Overall I give this machine a 7 out of 10.

Graphics: 6 out of 10
Sound: 7 out of 10
Play: 8 out of 10

pjtnascar
United States of America

Post by pjtnascar »

I have owned this machine for about seven years. The gold finish on the door, and the odd graphics (Star of David, animals, Fire and Ice gods) is what drew me to it. The game requires the player to complete a series of reel patterns to bring up the "win" light. Certain patterns cause an explosion type sound, as the reel backlights turn off behind the reel symbols. After the win light comes on, it becomes quite easy to hit the 777 bonus game. The bonus game is loud, and the light show is exciting. The random LED lights simulate a wheel spin that determines the length of "Challenge Time." Overall, this is a really cool Pachislo, and visitors are always amused, confused, or just baffled by the theme of the machine. Not as exciting as the newer models, but a really fun converstaion piece, and the kids love the odd animals! The only negative I can think of is that the bonus and challenge music is too repetitive.

Overall rating: 8 out of 10
Best Features: Odd theme/graphics