BOP Bride of Pinbot

Discussion of the other round ball phenomenon

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Gman
United States of America

BOP Bride of Pinbot

Post by Gman »

Trouble always comes in three's I have heard.
I fired up the BOP and the left flipper was not working.
My W?D who ? Dunnit blows the main fuse at power up.
Twilight Zone startup failure.
I replaced the left flipper fuse in the BOP, (it is cool it has a fuse for each flipper) and it held and is back up and working 100%. I had a great game testing it out, I made her sing and got into the Billionaires club. :D
I posted already on th eTZ, I had to just re-seat the back box connectors to get it working.

I have not trouble shooted the W?D yet, I replaced the fuse and it held until the coin door was closed. A switch on the coin door opens the high voltage coils as a safety, so it must be in the coil circuit, probably a bridge rectifier.
2 out of three ain't bad for now.

BTW the LED's I placed in the Bride are dazzling! I am going to get more. The current draw is much less and the response is instant, the inserts have excellent illumination. I think the lower power draw might help add longevity to the old girls circuits.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
METZ

Post by METZ »

that stinks
the leds do make the pinball machines really pop
ImageImageImage
Chris
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Chris »

not to mention that the LEDs are a little more forgiving on the artwork since it produces less heat when used for back lighting.
These are my opinions and just because I am the admin you don't have to agree with me
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

Yes the heat from incandescent lights is a significant factor. The Stellar Wars I just sold had warped plastic's from I assume was years of baking over a pair of hot little bulbs.
Side note: LEDs are becoming popular for everyday home lighting. While the LED's produce little heat the circuits located in the base's do produce heat. Altogether the LED replacement bulb does produce less heat than the bulb it replaces especially if the bulb was a halogen lamp.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image