Who ? Dunnit (W?D) Bally Williams

For discussion of Solid State Pinball machines

Moderators: Moderators, Gman

Gman
United States of America

I bought the Who ? Dunnnit

Post by Gman »

I now own the Who ? Dunnit pinball Bally/Williams machine. It did not blow my hair back when I first played it but the theme was perfect. The slot machine with working reels in the play field also made it a must have for me. It has many DMD (dot matrix display) interactions and effects. It is a murder mystery, one person is murdered the rest are suspects. it starts off with the murder and the person's name is on a news flash on the DMD. The more I played it and understood it I really enjoyed it. It is a decent single person machine,you work to solve the mystery. Two or more people makes it confusing at first each person soves their own case, too bad really it would make the other player pay more attention to what was going on if they were both working on the same case.There is lots to do while playing, collect clues, interrogate suspects, gather equipment, spin the slot machine, bet on the roulette wheel then choose the murderer then catch the murderer up on the roof. once solved a new case is opened to solve. There are 3 holes in the play field , the phone, slot and the sewer. hit the phone while it is ringing to question suspects. the slot hole spins the slot machine, if 2 symbols match then the third spins again for a second chance, hit the flashing target to get the 3rd reel to match. extra ball is nice to win. I think the scoring is crazy, the high scores are in the 100 Billions, really billions,high score is around 435,000,000,000.
The machine has on screen menus to setup or test any feature on the machine.
A mini multi ball, elevator mode 2 balls, shoot for the center elevator ramp.
4 ball multiball, fast and fun.
There is more to this but I already wrote a book here.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image
METZ

Post by METZ »

oh yeah G that is a Killer game 8)

thats why I showed you and your wife

glad you picked it up

now I can play it in the real world :lol: 8)
Gman
United States of America

Post by Gman »

Your welcome to play at my house. The sim was correct just not the same. Brenda remembered the game from when you showed it to us.
It is growing on me even more now that I am figuring it out.
Mike

Custom woodworking http://www.gmanind.com
go to my Game room link on the bottom of the page :) Image