Banker

Tips on How to do certain things to your machines

Moderator: Moderators

meeshell
United States of America

Banker

Post by meeshell »

I just bought a Pachislo Banker. Got it home and the key that’s in the front won’t open it. We didn’t have time to mess with it much. Would someone tell me if the locks are tricky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaelo
Canada

Re: Banker

Post by Michaelo »

If you lose the DOOR KEY you can easily access the inside of the machine through the bottom with
a little practice to pop the latch. Set the machine on a table & side it so the right side hangs over the
side of the table for about 5 inches. If the plug has been knocked out, there will be an oval hole about
2 1/2" x 6" Reach up & feel for a pointed part on the door mechanism. When you feel it, pull it down
with your fingers & the door should pop open. Another way is through the square hole in the back.
Again you need to reach in to the door lock side. It is a longer reach & you need a small arm &
hand to fit in there. Find that pointed part & push it down, the door should open right up.
Once the door is open you can remove & replace the lock with another lock, or with a lock substitute.
LOU

Post by LOU »

Sounds to me that you have a key, by chance fits---just doesn't turn. Do a search (top right of page is the search block) on how to de-pin the lock.
First though, do you think the key is the correct one but the lock pins just are corroded & need WD-40 or silicone spray to loosen?
And my thanks to Michaelo for the solution to the immediate problem of how to access the inside.
To play or not to play, that is the question.
meeshell
United States of America

Post by meeshell »

We got it open. Thank you for your time. It’s a mess inside. Do you have any tips on where to start. What should I use to clean it up. I hope it’s savable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOU

Post by LOU »

Would you describe "mess inside"?
Mouse droppings? Wiring chewed? Parts loose or apparently missing? Wiring unplugged? Or just filthy'?
Always start by making sure the machine is unplugged.
meeshell
United States of America

Post by meeshell »

It has some dropping. Mostly dusty, some pollen. There were some wires cut. It has been kept outside under my friends carport. He had 3 of them. He has got one of them working that he’s keeping. I really hadn’t concidered how much could be involved with getting it back in condition. I had bought the banker nine and was planning on purchasing the Christmas machine in a week or so. He said they came off a Japanese cruise ship.
LOU

Post by LOU »

In case you hadn't looked it up, here is the link:
https://pachislodb.com/db-BANKER+9.html
You will have to send more info on the Christmas one for us to ID it. Better still a picture.
Re the banker: Any idea why the wires were cut? Corresponding ends still there? I think it is time for pictures (and for Waybe-O or Yamaminjus to step in once you have them posted here). The hopper is there I presume. Did you get many tokens, or has it been converted to quarters by the previous owner (bad idea)? The cleanup otherwise just involves some time usually.
How To Post A Photo on PachisloDB.com.docx
The above .docx courtesy of member ackleplem; a link to the thread:
https://pachislodb.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... res#p47509