STREET CATS

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

scooby_doo_m2002

STREET CATS

Post by scooby_doo_m2002 »

Street Cats is a type A model manufactured in 2000 by Daido. It is a cat themed machine.

It has back lit reels, IMO making it very easy to eye shoot the reels. The three position slider switch that controls the volume is very effective. To be honest the loudest volume setting is still quieter than a lot of the other machines that are on their lowest setting. It is a 1, 2, or 3 token bet machine. It is strictly credits only. ( will not pay out tokens after every win unless you have 50 credits already stocked) The stop buttons light up red. There is no voice on this game.

The game play isn’t really all that fancy, its just your basic 3 reel machine. If you hit the 3 red sevens or the black and white stripped cat, it will put you into a big bonus. If you hit the 3 bar cats, it will give you a regular bonus. I am not sure what you would call it but on all machines it has a label next to the bet button above the stop buttons of different combinations you can hit and it will be easier to hit the bonus on the next spin, If I notice I have hit one of these combinations, on the next spin I will attempt to eye shoot the black and white stripped cat with the pink background. I have had this machine for over a year and Have put in over 100,000 tokens into the machine and there have been 2-3times on level 6 that I have not hit the big bonus. On level one out of about 20-25chances I have only hit the big bonus 2 times.

The only other feature it has is when you are on the next spin after hitting a certain combination, if you don’t hit a big bonus and the machine is running “tight” it will do this strobe type thing with the lights for about 2-3secs and the plate around the stop buttons lights up signaling you are going to get a bonus of some sort. Sometimes it is a big bonus but most of the time it will give you a regular bonus. The center lcd below the 2nd reel will show you what part of the bonus you are in and at the end of the Big Bonus, it will show you briefly how many net tokens you have won. My lowest has been 365 and my highest has been 420. But the actual tokens won is higher than what the lcd tells you. But the count the lcd shows is what you have earned after you have spent tokens to play out the bonus.

If you are into the “low end” plain jane models of three reel slots, I would highly recommend this machine. The light show isn’t bling bling or anything but I love the catchy music it has during the bonus round. I catch myself stopping the reels to the rhythm of the music.

The only grumbles I have about this machine is that if you run out of tokens or any kind of an error, you have to do a major reset on this machine. I thought maybe it was just mine but I spoke to another street cats owner and they have to do the same thing.

The other downfall to me is that unless the machine is on 3,2, or 1, If you can eye shoot. You will empty a hopper that you started out with containing 2,500-3,000 tokens before you use up the 750 tokens you have in your cup to play with. At first this was really awesome, but I guess since the 30day deal is long since passed then its rather dull for me.

I don’t really feel I can properly rate this machine considering the newest machine I have is the 2003 model Mephisto and it has more game play and action than the street cats does and its my least favorite machine.

But in my own opinion I would give the bonus music a 9

I am attempting to get video of everything the machine has to offer which isn’t much, but of course now that I want to show it off, it is being stingy….. Go figure.

This is my first review so if you have questions that I didn’t cover please feel free to ask me.
scooby_doo_m2002

Post by scooby_doo_m2002 »

I also forgot to mention that This machine is very top heavy when the door is opened. I got the scar and outrageous bill for 4 stitches to prove it. :oops:

So if you have one or get one, PLEASE bolt it down.