GODZILLA PSW

User reviews for machines found in our database.

Moderator: Moderators

Juggler

GODZILLA PSW

Post by Juggler »

Godzilla PSW Review…

I recieved Godzilla PSW LCD Pachislo this week.

Godzilla fired right up after a quick reset - left turn of the door key (to correct HE error). What a hoot! Started off with a level 3 setting and I watched Godzilla battle various monsters and foes, tears up Tokyo, he stomps around town crushing things (don’t invite him to your town anytime soon), Mothra hatches in the bottom of the ocean, a commuter train gets Godzilla’s heated breath, the army tries to destroy Godzilla (tanks / bazookas / missile launchers / rifles / you name it – they use it), some army command center action, a reporter flying overhead in a helicopter – almost falls out, a man fishing on the pier (just like in the Godzilla movie), several aerial battle conflicts with jet fighters, attack helocopters go after the big brute, the twin girls appear (haven’t figured out what they are doing yet), a drunk who hits his head on the video screen (he knocked himself out the first time and the army took him away the second time), and a lot more. This is with about 60 minutes of play on the machine.

Some of the scenarios do have limited speaking but only Japanese is heard. It is hard to tell if Godzilla speaks Japanese, the accent of his roars and groans are difficult to identify. I do know he speaks terror because everyone runs when they hear him. The characters also have Asian looking faces except Godzilla – he is just one mean mother! Because of all the screen action I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to the reels, however playing on level 3 there was a lot of hits - token payouts (chink - chink - chink).

This in one action packed entertaining Pachislo. I have Gamera High Grade and Godzilla seems to have more action in it. Gamera High Grade has high resolution on the LCD (somewhat like high definition), Godzilla has a lower quality screen resolution. Unless you have Gamera and Godzilla side by side the image quality would not be significantly noticed because of the constant screen action. Godzilla requires a volume control installation (two speakers), way too loud for the home with the factory 3 position volume switch. It is a Sammy machine and mechanicaly set up just like Gamera - the LEDs lite a little different (kind of twisting like a little tornado) - hard to describe but I like it.

Overall I think this is going to be my favorite Pachislo.
taellik

Re: GODZILLA PSW

Post by taellik »

What about the music & sound effects?

Do the monsters have the authentic sounds or new ones?

Is there any music? If so, the classic Godzilla theme music or from the movies or some other source like cheezy anime music?

Are monster videos from the movies or is it playstation computer gen animation / cartoony ?
Surfing the net with Yellow Dog Linux on a PS3...die Windows, DIE !
Juggler

Re: GODZILLA PSW

Post by Juggler »

Godzilla PSW - Music and Sound Effects...

The music is appropriate background filler for the scenes it supports. Audio quality compares to the movie version and makes you take notice everytime it plays. Music is only a small part of the audio impact. Sounds effects are numerous and appropriate.

Examples: Outerspace meteor sounds upon Mothras arrival to earth, sounds of baby Mothras hatching when egg opens, monster sounds match movie version, passenger train and brake sounds very realistic, Godzilla thumping everything in site sounds, Attack sounds (bazookas/rifles/tanks/missiles shooting/bf ray guns zapping), army vehicle sounds when they pull up or drive away, fishing wharf sounds, frightful shock (attention getting) sounds when monsters appear (mecagodzilla is especially entertaining), jets and helicopter audio authentic, all sounds are synchronized to actions.

Wide range of sounds - great quality. I installed volume controls because unit is too loud as received for home play. There are sounds unique to the pachislo that are not in original movie versions. Theme sound is authentic, and yes, there are some cheesy sounds. No sounds distract from the enjoyment of the play, in fact they make play more enjoyable. The only sound I do not like is the token drop sound when dropping tokens. It has an annoying ching.

This is not a movie so no actual movie footage is involved. It is all animation, but good quality animation. If you are looking for movie quality video, buy a Godzilla DVD. If you are looking for a fun to play Pachislo that seems to always have a surprise around the corner, then this may be the machine to add to your collection.

Juggler

[quote="taellik"]What about the music & sound effects?

Do the monsters have the authentic sounds or new ones?

Is there any music? If so, the classic Godzilla theme music or from the movies or some other source like cheezy anime music?

Are monster videos from the movies or is it playstation computer gen animation / cartoony ?[/quote]

Go